1,861 results
All reviewsbltdvc membersmagic kingdomtheme park viewbedroom villacontempo cafemk viewgrand floridiansleeper chaircalifornia grillspace mountainfull kitchendvc propertywater paradelake view roomdisney vacation clubhome resort
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower with our one year old baby in october 2012. Perfect location nd only Disney Villa with monorail service. Having a one bedroom suite equipped with kitchen amenities, one extra bathoom and theme park view was great choice. My wife loved so much this hotel that we decided to beome DVC members. The great thing is being steps away from MK and being able to wlk to and from the park when monorail was crowded. Another plus is using all the amenities and services of the Contemporary - marina, fitness, restaurants, stores.... Best Disney property for those wanting to stay at home like rooms with monorail service and not wanting a spreaded property with long walks nd lots of bus stops.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had such a great time. Some other review info is not accurate. Although there is no food service in the hotel there is food at the pool here as well as a drink refill station. There IS a community hall and you can rent movies here (for free) and play Wii, PS3 or Xbox as well as Foosball. Their movie selection is great! My son did drawings, colored a fabric frog and made a necklace here-all of these crafts are free. The staff at BLT Community Hall were very friendly and nice. Staff overall were very nice but some did seem new and lacked the professionalism of staff at other resorts but it really didnt matter. We had a room in the south tower right near the elevator on 7. To get to the Contemporary, we simply took the elevator down 2. floors and walked across the bridge, very convenient. I did not notice the room looking worn, everything looked nice and clean. Also, we had no problem checking on here, at the BLT lobby. Some folks have said check in is at the Contemporary but we did not experience that. Overall I would stay here again, beautiful resort, beautiful view and very easy and fun access to MK!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank momopinion
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We've been to Disney World more times than I can count, we've stayed at the Contemporary, Floridian, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans, Bordwalk Villas and Bay Lake Tower. Each is good in their own way, older kids like being near Epcot and Hollywood Studio's. Boarkwalk and Beach Club are perfect, large pool, beach area, walking distance to their two favorite places and plenty to do. Contemporary, Floridian and Bay Lake are all good for adults or kids who are mainly interested in the Magic Kingdom. Walking to the park is easy and the little ones get to see the lights, fireworks and electric water parade at night from their rooms or the adults can watch while the kids sleep. Port Orleans was nice, just a large motel room but there is a very nice food court, carriage rides and boat ride to Downtown Disney.

We are not Vacation Club members and I can truthfully say that $976 a night for a two bedroom villa is WAAAAY too much. The kitchen is nice, so is the washer and dryer and three bathrooms but the furniture is worn and stained, Hawaiin Punch stain on the rug and I expect MUCH more for that kind of money. Towels were small and a little rough, lots of pillows but a little old and sad, a LONG walk for food and if I were in one of the rooms below the 5th floor I would have been really angry. They call it a Magic Kingdom view but it's a parking lot view plain and simple, I prefer the pool view actually. Coming across the walkway from the Contemporary you are staring at people who are sitting on their balconies...glad it wasn't my room!

It's a good location, great for the youngest grandchildren (I wouldn't have spent that on my own kids but Grandparents do odd things) but I'm happy that most of mine have aged out of the Contemporary and we've moved on to the Epcot properties. If I ever get to go alone with my husband we'll be at the Floridian.

If you have a youngster please bring a stroller or umbrella stroller. I know they rent them at the park but unless you have a great back and big muscles the kids are NOT going to make it from the room to the monorail or the park and then back to the room after you've turned the stroller in. Just gettting to Chef Mickey or market in the Contemporary is a long, long way. Little legs (even 4 or 5 year olds) just can't make it day after day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GC967
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Having read the negative reviews and concerns, I worried about the resort we traded into (via RCI). I expected the worst, and hoped for the best - and to my relief, it was one of the best! Our vacation was Friday, April 19th thru Friday, April 26th.

CHECK IN:
Check in is at the attached Contemporary Resort - personally, I preferred this as they were best equipped with staff and it kept noise and people in Bay Lake Towers to a minimum. We luckily received the special requests I made on our reservation (a room ending in "02" - priced at "Lake View", but offers both lake and fireworks views). The front desk staff was friendly, polite, accommodating, and a neighboring front desk staff member sang "Happy Birthday" to one of the children in our group. During check in they provided us with the celebration buttons that we requested (i.e., Birthday Button, Anniversary Button, and 1st Time Button). If you wear your buttons throughout your vacation, the hotel, park staff and characters all make it a point to say Happy Birthday/Anniversary, etc to you. Birthday's appear to get the most recognition.

ROOM (#8202, 12th Floor):
Despite the Lake View, we were easily able to view the Wishes Fireworks at Magic Kingdom (tune your TV to channel 92 to hear the Wishes music that's played in the park). The condition of the room was very good - very clean, and only small signs of wear - which is understandable seeing as Disney does tend to have a higher number of children - who I'm certain run wild in these rooms.

This room has a full kitchen, 3 FULL bathrooms (lighting wasn't very good, but is best in the 2nd bedroom's bathroom) and a stackable washer/dryer in a closet. Bathrooms have sliding doors, and if you slide them completely closed, you'll note that the locking mechanism is at the back of the door. Once you find the lock, it's not difficult to master. Bedroom had various types of pillows (feather, firm, medium fluffy) - which was key to a good night's sleep. Beds are soft, and slightly firm - nobody complained about the comfort.

Our room was at the end of the hall, and quite a walk from the elevator - but the uptick was that we didn't have neighbors on both sides of us - and we didn't mind the extra exercise.

PROS:
Fantastic and attentive staff
Clean and comfortable room
In room DVD player (downstairs they offer a DVD checkout service for free)
Onsite activities at the pool and in the evenings (outdoor movies, campfires)
Reasonable walking distance to Magic Kingdom
Plentiful hot water for multiple showers

CONS (keeping in mind we didn't let any of this ruin or sour our vacation):
Sulfur smelling/tasting water (this problem existing for all areas Disney parks and resorts)
Deeply perfumed smelling lobby at Bay Lake (we think it was the flowers)
Noisy flushing toilets (sort of scared the kids at first)
Mousekeeping didn't bring us a requested extra tea pitcher (FYI these pitchers are very small)

TIPS:
Online groceries is an option, but pretty expensive - and we prefer to get our own items. We chose to take a cab to the closest grocery store (AVOID "GOODINGS" AT ALL COSTS). The cab ride was through the resort-preferred "Meers/Yellow Cab" transportation. They charged $21-$25 one way. We could have saved on this cost had we taken the Downtown Disney shuttle, and caught a cab from there. Grocery stores to use nearby: Publix or Wal-Mart.

A parting tip... don't let things you cannot control (grumpy staff member, screaming children, bad mannered family/friend) ruin your trip. And if you're in a rotten mood, remember - you're bad attitude can spread like wildfire to those family/friends/strangers around you. You'll get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Room Tip: Any room at Bay Lake Tower ending in "02" will provide you with Lake View pricing, but a beautiful view of the Wishes Fireworks from your balcony!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LH429
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed here over the third week in April 2013 with my three kids (ages 12,12, and 17). We are DVC members, and this was our first stay in Bay Lake Tower. Really liked the location, a quick walk to the lobby of the Contemporary and the monorail. We also walked to the main entrance of the Magic Kingdom which is about 5-10 minutes away. As pointed out in other reviews, BLT has no restaurants (other than food service by the pool or snacks in the rooftop bar) but the Contemporary is really quick wiith access from the bridge on the 5th floor. We were lucky enough to have a room on the 5th floor and didn't have to wait for elevators to get to the Contemporary. The elevators were a major problem and broke several times during our stay, with sometimes only 1 of 3 elevators functioning in the elevator bank.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a view of the lake. The room was very spacious with 3 full bathrooms. I was shocked, however, by the cheap feeling of the furniture, with some of the sofa cushions badly stained and many chips in the already cheap looking furniture. In addition, some of the carpeting was fraying in the hallways. The oven in the kitchen was on a funny tilt as well. This was very surprising in a property that is less than 3 years old, and not up to the standards of other DVC properties that we have stayed in.

The customer service was excellent, with lots of "welcome homes." Enjoyed the marina adjacent to the BLT/Contemporary and rented runabout boats one day.

Very nice pool, with kids activities. Sometimes hard to find a lounge with the typical "towel on chair reservation" being done. Nice bar, too. Make sure you buy the refillable mugs good for unlimited soda during your stay.

Aside from the lousy furniture and soft goods, we were very pleased and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family