1,866 results
All reviews blt dvc members magic kingdom theme park view bedroom villa contempo cafe mk view grand floridian sleeper chair california grill space mountain full kitchen dvc property water parade lake view room disney vacation club home resort
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I just went to Disneyworld with my husband and 2 boys (ages 7 and 4) and stayed at Bay Lake Tower in a one bedroom suite. It was such a great size. My kids had a ball there and there was plenty of space for them to run around and play during the 2 days that it rained/poured when we were there. We also had a washer/dryer in the room so it was so easy to wash the clothes every night and the room service provided us with more then enough detergent. We were the Disney timeshare members so we had our room cleaned every day and it was great. Our room was ready as soon as we checked in which was at 10ish so that was nice to get in right after our flight and then our luggage arrived 10 minutes after we called to have it delivered. And talk about convenient! It was literally a 7 min slow pace walk to Magic Kingdom if you didn't want to take the tram. For EVERYWHERE we had to go to at Disneyworld it was so easy w/the tram, bus stop in front and boat ride in the back. However, I wouldn't recommend the boat if you can take other forms of transportation, it gets crowded and it's not cool... The tram is the best way! The longest was to Hollywood Studios which required a bus but even that I can't complain. So easy and breakfast at Chef Mickey is just a walk over the bridge! And the pool area is great, my boys must've went down that slide 3 dozen times.

1  Thank Kitmin2010
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed her after a friend gave us some of her Disney Vacation Club points. From what I see, a studio here can run $485 a night. From what I expereinced, that price is crazy.
The best thing about staying here is you can walk or take the Monorail to Magic Kingdom, take the Monorail to EPCOT and the bus stop is right out the front door.
Another great thing was that we reserved a Studio with a Lake View, but asked if one had a partial view of Magic Kingdom and was able to see fireworks from our balcony every night! I shudder to think what a Magic Kingdom view would cost!
Room was spacious enough for the four of us. For what is considered, (and priced like!) a luxury hotel, it seemed a bit cheap. It was almost like an Embassy Suites, except there you would have a real door on the bathroom, not a sliding door that fell of the track if you tried to get it to close all the way.And the layout of the room, and entire hotel for that matter, was so odd. Seems like there was a lot of wasted space. There is a kitchenette with a small refrigerator and microwave. Also a lot oddly placed shelves. I wish some of the shelves were in the bathroom. Only two small ones in there. The bed was comfortable and the the kids had no complaint about the sofa bed.
Be mindful, you check in at the Contemporary next door. Then you have to walk to Bay Lake Tower. The bellman will bring you your bags later. There is virtually no staff in the lobby there.
Pool area was nice. Not a lot of space around the pool, like at the Contemporary. We did go over there one day. A short hike, but worth it.
Washer and dryer were on first floor at no charge. I'd consider staying in a one bedroom next time as the kids will be bigger and there will be a washer/ dryer in the room as well. And only if I don't have to pay the Disney rate either.

Room Tip: Ask for a the highest floor possible in the north for a Magic Kingdom view in the Lake View catagory.
3  Thank oversold_plus_2
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here with my husband and 2 small children . It's a great hotel but it's extremely over priced , the food choice at this resort isn't great but the location is perfect if you have small kids as you can walk to the magic kingdom in about 10 min and the monorail also connects to it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I just spent 4 nights at Bay Lake Towers. The location is great for watching the Wishes fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. The hotel pool and bar are a little small, but certainly adequate. All of the restaurants are located in the Contemporary hotel which is located next door and is accessible via a covered walkway on the 5th floor. Do not spend the extra money on the 'park' view. Although you can see the park and the fireworks show, you are also overlooking the parking lot. I would recommend the lake view. Transportation to and from all Disney locations is provided via buses that pick up and drop off at the Contemporary hotel. However, this location is also very close to the bus stops at the Magic Kingdom, so depending on where you want to go (like to another resort hotel), sometimes it may be quicker to pick up the bus at the Magic
Kingdom.

Resort rooms range from studios to 3 bedroom condos. All are well appointed and even the 1 bedroom has 2 bathrooms! That is a very nice touch!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Magic Kingdom are more costly, but also overlook the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LBTampa
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here for two weeks in May. Could only get a lake view studio as all the magic kingdom views were booked out, but to our excitement we discovered we had a great view of the magic kingdom from our room on the seventh floor. Room size, kitchen, and bathroom all of an adequate size. In the evening we had a lovely view of the fireworks and straight after could run to the stairs to watch the water pageant which my son loved. in fact even if you dont have a magic kingdom view there are many locations around the hotel to watch the fireworks from. only a few complaints are that the music from the magic kingdom during the fireworks didn't work on our T.V. and that we had a refillable mug, but the bar at the pool kept shutting the pool bar earlier than scheduled so had to go to the contemporary to refill my mug. the recreation staff were lovely and always nice to my son. they allowed free dvd rental and cooked marshmallows everynight for the kids.

4  Thank Lightfast