1,866 results
All reviews blt dvc members magic kingdom theme park view bedroom villa contempo cafe mk view grand floridian sleeper chair california grill space mountain full kitchen dvc property water parade lake view room disney vacation club home resort
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We are Disney Vacation Club members and decided to try the newest resort and have to say we were disappointed. We expected more from a new resort . Our villas at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge were preferable to Bay Lake Towers. We had a 1 bedroom villa and the carpets were stained, the toilet paper holder was coming off the wall and the furniture was already dinged up. Part of the carpet in the hallway was held down by tape. Now I know that many families stay here and these places get a lot of wear and tear but all I can think of is they must have used cheaper materials for this place as it hasn't held up very well and the other resorts don't have this problem.
Positives: easy access to the Magic Kingdom. Pools are very nice though we only went to the BLT pool once. We spent a lot of time at the main Contemporary Bay pool which is separate from the themed pool so it was quieter and less crowded. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the Wave restaurant. For those looking for a non-character breakfast buffet this restaurant is great. We only went to the Contempo Cafe, their quick service place, once and were disappointed in the limited menu.
We vacation at WDW every year but we will not return to Bay Lake Towers.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gropplerzorn
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our spring break as a way to get away from all the crazy drunk college-kid filled resorts and for him to experience Disney for the first time. (Disclaimer: We are both college students but were looking for something a little less ... drunk ... for our first vacation together.)

My parents are Disney Vacation Club members and graciously allowed us to use their points to stay here. Having been to Disney many times in my life, I was still surprised at the customer service aspect of the trip. Transportation was provided from the airport to the hotel (and back at the end of the trip). Our luggage was taken care of, as well. Check-in time was at 4, but we were able to go to our room at 2 when we arrived. Everything was clean and the view from the balcony was great. The best part about this hotel was the private pool and 14th floor bar for vacation club members. As guest of my parents, all the vacation club perks applied to my boyfriend and me. Every night we sat in the hot tub and on our last two nights we enjoyed drinks at the Top of the World Lounge. Watching the firework show from the Magic Kingdom was amazing, the lounge had the same music playing that is played in the park.

The only thing that bothered me was I could hear the family in the room next to mine and the music playing out by the pool early in the morning. However, I am an extremely light sleeper. So this might not bother people with normal sleeping abilities. It did not effect my boyfriend.

Overall, I love this hotel and can't wait to come back. I've encouraged my parents to stay there next time they are in DIsney as well.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, ask for a view of the Magic Kingdom.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamanthaRose22
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We've stayed at each of the Orlando DVC resorts and this one is the best, by far. Location is ideal for MK, pools are good+, rooms are nicely modernized and the roof-top observatory bar is fantastic. Just has a different, more cosmopolitan feel to the place.

Plenty of plugs in the room, flat-screens, modern island in kitchen, better bathrooms etc...It's also right on the water and easily accessible to monorail.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DeansDesk
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We loved this hotel. We are DVC members and splurged on points here for Spring Break. Glad we did since it was super crowded. We were able to use extra magic hours every morning at WDW, we got up early and walked 2 minutes to the front gates and were able to take great pictures, ride all the rides and get fast passes before the humongous crowds decended upon WDW. The hotel is stylish and comfortable, we had a one bedroom and were able to have a bed for everyone, the couch pulled out to the most comfortable bed, and the chair was also a comfortable sleeper chair/bed for 1. The bedroom was very nice. We were on the 12th floor with a great lake view.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank luvtotravel09
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Although I have nothing to compare it to... The Bay Lake Tower was a wonderful hotel so close to Magic Kingdom that you can walk there...

My family and I stayed in the Grand Villa suite and we loved it! We had booked the lake views room for price reasons but the view turned out better than the theme park view. We had a view of both! We were on the 15th and 16th floor and we saw both the lake and Magic Kingdom. Awesome!!!

Next, we loved the pool. The BLT pool is great for the entire family. It has a hot tub for the adults, a regular pool for, well everyone! And a waterside and kids play area for the kids!! Not to mention a private beach!! Just for BLT guests! All this plus the Contemporary pool is just... More than enough!!!

Those are just some of the best parts about this hotel and you should stay there to learn more!! This is sure a great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011