“Lunch For Us”

Ranked #421 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 4 April 2018

First fo all, apologies to Raglan Road; I mistakenly named them in my original review of this restaurant, thinking it's all the same place. Sorry about that.
My wife's favourite meal is Fish & Chips, so of all the places to eat in Disney Springs, this is where we landed. Kind of confusing process, order food and then look for a place to sit to eat, and we really needed to sit after hiking around Disney Springs.
Luckily only 2 of us 'cause seating was at a premium. Fish unfortunately was cod, decent size portions, but typical strong flavour. Chips were adequate, but not crisp as hoped, and single fried instead of twice fried. My wife asked for white vinegar, and it was like the entire operation ground to a halt. They couldn't understand why she wanted white vinegar instead of malt. She eventually got some, but people in the line behind us were forced to wait until the inquisition was over, to be able to place their orders.
Just ok, overall. They need to have someone demonstrate how to make proper fries / chips in the British/Canadian manner, instead of the soft U.S. variety.
Advice: grab a table first and send someone to order food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The wife and I stopped in for fish and chips while visiting Disney Springs. We stood in line only a few minutes to order. We took our number and placed it on a table outside, and our dinner was served promptly.......not the best fish and chips, but decent with a small portion of fish and a large portion of fries.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Disney Springs for a morning and were looking for a mid priced lunch and found Cooke’s. It was delicious! We had the grilled chicken sandwich as well as kids meals with hamburger and chicken tenders. First, the chicken sandwich was the bomb! It was grilled perfectly with great flavor and a to-die-for herb aioli. I didn’t care for the tomato chutney, but there wasn’t much on the sandwich and it was great without. The chicken tenders were good with perfect breading. Both kids meals were good portion size, even enough for a not-too-hungry adult. The fries were excellent and not greasy at all. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Disney Springs. There is a small indoor eating area as well as patio seating. Some patio seats do not have umbrellas.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Had no desire for Fish and Chips! However: Friend wanted them. So out of the blue: I got the burger. Good Taste; Not Dry; Great Toppings; MOIST;JUICy; Tasted Great!

Frys were perfectly cooked!

Now I guess I will have to go back and try the Fish and Chips as they were moist, flaky and tasty.

Looking forward to my next visit!

ALso, Manager is Hands on!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stopped at Cookes on St Patricks Day. we were glad we did. The food is very Irish. The Hog in the Box is great. Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Baby Potatoes, Sage and Sweet Onion Stuffing Caramelized Onions and Apple Sauce.

The Chicken and Field Mushroom Pie was very dry. Pass on it. Chicken Breast, Mushrooms, Leeks and Potatoes in a Rich Creamy Sauce.

The FIsh and chips looked great. The french fries were awesome. The Hole in the Wall is a great place to get a drink. They have a great selection of Irish Beers.