“Hyatt Reg Grand Cypress, has all there is to have”

Ranked #31 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Oslo, Norway
“Hyatt Reg Grand Cypress, has all there is to have”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

What a beautiful hotel, resort, clean nice room, excellent restaurants, smiling staff, absolutely perfect in every way.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool area on the 5th floor. Absolutely perfect.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Keeping it simple - short and to the point - "beautiful hotel, resort, clean nice room, excellent restaurants, smiling staff, absolutely perfect in every way." We appreciate your positive comments and hope you will recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (988)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband, I, and our 3 children, (ages 5,3, and 2) just got back from a 10 day stay and we LOVED it! Let me start off by saying their is nothing "sneaky" about the way the hotel charges you. We had some questions about the resort fees etc. and not only did a sales manager email me the breakdown, he also called my to follow up, just ask, they are happy to help! I also had a lot of help from the front desk. I prepaid for our trip back in Feb, and they were very patient while I called my bank to let the transaction go thru. The resort is GORGEOUS! Check in was a breeze, and we got complimentary champagne, as well as buckets and shovels for the kids. We got into our room 2 hrs early. We requested a higher up room, and not only got the 16th floor, but a pool view, which we did not pay the extra for! A couple hours after we arrived I received a gift basket with milk and cookies, coldcuts, and beach goodies, with a lovely card as their "BEST" facebook fan! That's how much they pay attention to their guest! All the staff was so super friendly! Front desk, concierge, housekeeping, bellhops..without being the least bit pushy. The housekeepers even made a pint of arranging my daughters dolls in different spots while we were out. Rooms were immaculate. Beds were comfy. Loved the toiletries! Asked for an extra lotion, and they gave me 3! Pool is the most amazing pool I have ever seen! There are 3 total pools. A quiet pool, a big pool, and a smaller pool. The smallest one is heated, so we used it mostly. There is a small slide that my youngest loved. The big pool has a big slide, and is so much fun! My kids also loved the bridge! There are caverns that you can swim under, and several hot tubs. We had no problem finding chairs, there are hundreds of lounge chairs, I have no idea why people complained about that. The property is so pretty to walk thru! I took tons of pictures of just the palm trees and flowers! The walking trails along the lakes are very nice as well. We did not do any of the water activities because our kids were too young, but they looked like fun! They had planned activites for kids during the day, as well as campfires on certain evenings. Beach is not suitable for swimming, buy my kids loved to play in the sand. There were alot of conferences going on, but I did not think that interfered with our stay at all. The lobby was very loud in the evening, but I did not hear a thing from inside our room. The conference rooms are on the far side of the hotel, the only time in really interferes is when you cross thru that part of the lobby from the parking lot, but you can also use the entrance around the pool. Parking is 11 dollars a night, but even after you factor in the parking fees and resort fees, we still paid 3000 dollars less, then we would of at the Beach club resort at disney, which we had originally looked at. Only thing we ate at hotel was calamari from Palm cafe and it was delicious! Food and drinks are pricey, but so is every restaurant at Disney, and you are minutes away from about 75 places to eat. Only con I had was the shuttle schedule. Departure times did not work at all if you stay open to close at parks, so we drove every park day, but it was off season. Wasn't a big deal. This was the nicest place I have ever stayed! Even beat out our Hawaii resort! I will def stay here again! P.s. We miss you Merlot!

Room Tip: Request a higher up room, view of Disney fireworks!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Amanda S
Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review and noting the attention to detail by our staff and that the pools and grounds were simply amazing. With so much to do here and an excellent staff, we are glad you and your family had the vacation of a life time ! We only hope that when you plan your next vacation, that you will consider coming back to our resort !

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Hyatt Grand Cypress was nice, but it could use some renovating, especially to the pool area.

The staff at the front desk was friendly and knowledgeable. Housekeeping did a great job in my room. Service at the restaurant, Cascade, was attentive.

I liked the room decor. The towels should be more luxurious. They were like what a Hyatt Place or basic level hotel chain would offer. The KenetMD toiletries were wonderful. The rooms can be noisy from the sounds coming from other floors which all open to the lobby's atrium. I woke up a few times during the night due to that.

The food at breakfast and lunch at Cascade was mediocre. Pricey for the quality.

The resort fee should just be included in the cost of the room since it is a mandatory fee. I didn't find the fee justified. Some activities had additional charges. The pool area looked like it had seen better days. The bicycles, climbing wall, boats, and poolside bar didn't "wow" me.

There are only two buses that go to WDW and it only goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center in Magic Kingdom. From there you use Disney transportation to all 4 parks. The buses leave the Hyatt at 8:50am and 10am. They return 6pm, 8pm, 9:45pm, and 11:15pm. I found this extremely limited compared to other area hotels.

It appeared that the exterior of the hotel was getting painted during my stay, so affected rooms could not access their balconies. Also, the fitness center was closed for remodeling.

Overall, my stay was good. The hotel is better than most of the others in the Downtown Disney area. However, I can think of at least two other hotels I would prefer to stay at when visiting WDW, but staying off Disney property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HorseVMK
Atlanta
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Spent 4 days at a conference in Orlando at the Hyatt where we had booked one of the remote conference rooms on the property. we had the need for 30 wifi user at one time as there was training sessions on some new software.The hotel provided all the connections and was very responsive to any additional request. We also had them provide breakfast and lunch at the conference room and it was probably some of the best food the I have had as it was fresh and hot and I was even able to get it without mangos or papayas(glazes,dry fruit)as I am allergic.
I thanked the food services staff as I only had to let them know 1 time that I was allergic and each day they informed me of what contained mangos and papayas and either brought me a different dish or the dish minus the fruit.
The Hotel staff were great and provide the little things that you might forget or cannot carry on board your flight(toothpaste, deodorant,etc). even if you don't know what you want to do just ask the valet guys and they can give you a list of things to do places to eat and go. If it was a question on the room the front desk staff cleared it up in a matter of minutes.
The cleaning staff kept my room clean and all I had to do was leave a little note for extra coffe and it was there each day.
It is a short walk to other food places if you don't want to eat at the hotel but there are about 7 different restaurants inside the hotel.
so if you are heading for Orlando and looking for a good place to have a meeting as we did or just visit I would recommend the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

Room Tip: rooms on the end of the hallways had low foot traffic and only one room next door. I worked until mi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
In summary, it was a terrific stay due to our staff taking care of all your needs and wants. From letting you you know about the food choices during your conference, to the housekeeping staff, each staff member made sure you were well taken care of. That is what it is all about - Guest Service. We appreciate you letting the readers here on Trip Advisor know that when it comes to a world class hotel and service, look no further than the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

boston
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hoptel is exceptional in every way. Great location, everything about the hotel was perfect, the room, the service, the food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Short and to the point, the room, the service, the food and location were all perfect ! So glad you truly enjoyed yourself and we than you for letting the Trip Advisor readers know that you did have such a great time. Come back soon and don't forget to invite your family and friends !!