“Great Hotel”

Ranked #32 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The place is very nice. Was there for 4 nights, and it is a first class Hotel. Not so much for little kids, but it is right next door to Disneyworld, so take them there. As for adults the grotto has a very nice pool. World class dining and upscale bars. Expensive, but not as bad as say the Ritz. 3.5 for a bottle of water, 4 to 6 bucks for a beer, and 8 to 10 for a mixed drink. The room was nice, clean and the bathroom was new and modern. Had good soap/shampoo etc and coffee bar in room was good. For all the places in Orlando, for 250.00 per night, you get what you pay for. Enjoy. Not to sound like the Dos Equix guy, but, I don't always go to Orlando, but when I do, I will stay at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor, had a nice view of Disney, go high but the way the hotel is designed, I thi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mel O
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We appreciate you noting that our rooms are clean and modern. They were recently renovated for a relaxing and welcoming feel which I believe we achieved. The pool and grotto area is certainly a main attraction here and it's nice to read that you enjoyed them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return again soon. Please invite your family and friends to stay with us as well.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have been staying at this excellent hotel since 1999 and have really enjoyed my visits.

I returned again last week and was horrified that they have jumped on the bandwagon of penalising the motorist by now charging for self parking.

One of the charms of this resort was the way you could enjoy the place while coming and going at your leisure... But not any more! Barriers now in the car park and excessive parking charges in addition to the resort fee. The resort fee used to include the parking but this has been crossed out in the hotel directory and now you have to pay to park which is an appalling way to treat your guests.

Sad to say after many years I will not return to the Hyatt because of this parking issue. Motorists are the easy target to rip off more $ from you. I am appalled such a great hotel can stoop to this level.

Fair to charge conference day delegates, but hotel guests should have free parking. We will be staying the Buena Vista Palace in future who assures me they have no immediate plans to charge for self parking.

VERY DISSAPOINTED !!

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank Manxie1974
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have stayed at many Hyatts far and wide as do many in our company and have had a truly a wonderful time at most, but I must say our experience at this one may change all that for future trips. While the place itself was beautiful there were several significant issues with the cleanliness, tranquility, and staff. As for cleanliness-when we checked into our room my husband found a book on the floor by the bed, we thought nothing of this as any maid could make a mistake and overlook something but later when I found a dirty woman's bra beside the chaise I really was quite disgusted and it made me quite worried about the other things the staff could have missed...eww. Also when we were down by the hot tubs we saw a hanging wet and dirty pair of men's briefs. I alerted a waitress on the staff at once, while she agreed that the display was absolutely distasteful when we walked back by there later that afternoon they were still there! Unless you want your children picking dirty adult under garments or explaining why they would be left there in the first place you may want to find different accommodations. As for tranquility- we were shocked when we were awoken to what sounded like drilling during our 1st morning, when we called the front desk to find out what was going on we were told they would be working from 9-5 every day for the duration of our stay, so much for peace and quiet. As for the staff- when checking in the front desk attendants attendants seemed ignorant of matters they should be aware of- I have a certified service animal for my disability and it has never before a problem at any Hyatt or any other hotel for that matter but the clerk said she would have to charge us a myriad of fees associated with keeping a "pet" at the hotel. I tried to explain it wasn't a pet and extraneous fees violated the Americans with disabilities act per the dogs certification she became huffy and told the other attendant to leave the fees on there until a manager could be consulted. This was obviosly just an honest mistake but I would expect a hotel of this size to better educate its staff especially when I called way in advance to make sure they were aware of my situation. Highpoints were the beautiful grounds, the food, and the wonderful bell captain from Savannah (didn't catch his name) who thought the bra was as gross as I did and called the housekeeping manager.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank chelseanp
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for your recent review, however I am sorry that things were not up to par in our Housekeeping area. This certainly is not our norm and what you described is shocking. Please be assured that we will look into this matter immediately to ensure that it will never happen again. Please feel free to contact me if you care to discuss further.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Thanks to the other reviews on Tripadvisor we had a great girls weekend in Orlando. I only wish we had planned more time to enjoy the hotel! With a great rate from Priceline I was happy and prepared to pay the resort & parking fees. Traveling with my daughter, niece and great niece we did a couple of Disney Parks which were a 10 minute drive.
We all LOVED the grotto pools, hot tubs, and the sandy beach was a hit with the 5 year old. Us big girls did some biking around the property.
The staff was all about service! Upon arriving late in the day we discovered our mini fridge wasn't working and within an hour maintenance had it replaced. Since it was late, we ordered room service which arrived quickly and the food was excellent. The only other meal was a leisurely breakfast in La Coquina, with a beautiful mermaid waterfall dining area. All 4 of us, including the picky 5 year old had food that was delicious beyond our expectations.
I hope to get back to the Grand Cypress again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank spankyangel

We appreciate you stating that the staff is all about service ... because we are ! We do our very best to make sure that our guests get what they need - otherwise providing options and alternatives to make there stay a great one. Our pools and hot tubs are always open 24 hours a day so our guests who arrive late or that are returning for the local attractions can also enjoy them any time of their choosing. When it comes to food, our chefs have created new and exciting menus in each of our restaurants so that our guests can try a variety of tastes and textures. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I are island junkies so we didn't expect a resort-like experience for a hotel in Orlando..but this place was so beautiful and full of activities that it certainly felt like a carribean getaway! The lake provides free non-motorized water activities which was a ton of fun. The gardens are really beautifully maintained, and the caves within the pools are really amazing.

The slide was surprisingly very fast and exciting. My husband got a kick out of the golf course and we also really enjoyed the view.

The only downside is that the water is FREEZING. The shaded parts under the caves were untouchable. The other annoying part is that there was a wedding going on in the lobby and the music was unbearable, bc the reception was in an open area and it really disturbed a lot of the hotel guests.

But all in all, the hotel was really great and we would return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple