“Magical”

Ranked #4 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The parades are wonderful and just come out of nowhere, the fireworks and music make you feel like your 5 yrs old again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Doesn't disappoint. We just returned from 10 days at Disney and spent the majority of it at the Magic Kingdom. Great selection of rides, attractions, and shops. Fast passes are really needed on the weekends. Ferry and monorails were fine for transportation from the parking area. Parades are fine.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

love the fireworks and light show! Rides are really more for younger kids.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The magic kingdom is just magical no matter how many times you have visited it or how old you are.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I've been visiting the Magic Kingdom on and off for the past 2 weeks with our new annual passes. We haven't been to WDW for 5 years and my son doesn't remember anything because he was 3 so it's all new to him. We live in Orlando now (10 miles to WDW) so we're day trippers and don't feel the need to get it all in on any one trip.

On our 1st 2 days a few weeks ago, we went on most of the rides then my son started playing the Sorcerer's card game which he really likes (he's 8 years old.) The Sorcerer's game was fun for my son and he likes collecting and trading the free playing cards that are given. Even if all members of your family aren't playing, sign everyone up so you get the maximum number of cards each visit to Magic Kingdom (5 cards per person per day.) Even if you don't play, the character trading cards are a cute souvenir for the kids.

Our last visit was yesterday (Sunday 4/29) and it was hot and busy when we got there mid morning. I was glad that we were just going there to pick up more trading cards and walk around for a bit before leaving to go swimming.

We got a fast pass for Peter Pan which had a return time for 2 hours later so we went over to Tom Sawyer island to get away from the crowds. Standby for Peter Pan was 50 minutes -- too long for me.

My tip for anyone traveling without a stroller is to travel light -- I had a backpack that was hot and heavy and nobody wanted to carry it!

I wanted to see the show in front of the castle and was there an hour before the show started but it was just too hot and sunny to sit on a bench and wait for the show to start so we skipped this. I asked a CM when the trolley would be going down Main street again and he was able to look up on his schedule and we rode the trolley from Main Street up to the Castle (it only operates in the morning and sometimes it operates for a show only.)

My best advice for visiting the Magic Kingdom if you can't visit when it's not crowded, would be to have a plan, use the fast pass system faithfully and don't try to see everything in one day or stay in the park for the entire day.