“Not So Happy?”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 239.00*
and up
1-Day Admission to Disney World Theme Park with...
Ranked #7 of 388 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Disney is expensive, which should come as no surprise to anyone. There are very few deals for one or two day trips (unless you're willing to sit through a timeshare sales pitch). And for the amount you pay, parents want their kids to stay as long as they are able, so that they can get their money's worth.

So with wait times that can approach up to 4 hours at some of the rides, be prepared to find creative ways to keep the little ones occupied. Inevitably, you're going to deal with cranky, whiny kids by late morning into the afternoon. Here are a couple of ways to minimize this for your children:

1. Use Fast Pass. And if you plan ahead, you can reserve your first Fast Pass rides up to 30 days in advance (and modify if needed). You should download the Disney app on your smartphone so that you'll have easy access to your Fast Pass itinerary on the phone. Getting to the front of the line while everyone waits for up to hours is HUGE! Once you've done your three Fast Pass rides for the day, you can add one more at a time. I would suggest that you immediately reserve your next ride after scanning your Disney card. Don't wait till after you complete the ride. Your options will be limited and there will probably be about an hour to 90 minutes between the two rides. Also, reserve your first three rides as close to each other as possible. You're not allowed to reserve Fast Pass times that overlap.

Second, you can leave the park and return. It might be best to stay at one of the Disney resorts, since there's a monorail that will take you to the park. You can go to the hotel, rest for a while, and return to the park later in the day. Paid parking lasts for the entire day, so you can even leave for a hotel/resort outside of Disney (after all, why would you want to give more money to Disney by staying in the park).

Lastly, if you're not a parade person, lines do thin out while the parades are going on. I didn't stay long enough for the fireworks, but I would imagine the same holds true during that time as well.

Disney does allow outside food and drink, so you can save some money by packing your meals and bringing it into the park.

Overall, we went during a peak time...spring break on a Tuesday. I know it gets worse, but the crowd was bad enough for us.Having a ton of strollers makes the walkways incredibly difficult to pass through. Waiting hours for rides that only awestruck kids will really enjoy makes an adult's experience frustrating.

And don't get me started on parking and getting to the actual park! But we had to go. After all, it's really for the kids, right?

2  Thank David L
All reviews
"disney world"
in 3,862 reviews
"magic kingdom"
in 3,700 reviews
"fast pass"
in 1,528 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 867 reviews
"small world"
in 299 reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 306 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 225 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Who does not love to go to "the happiest place on earth"? Me and my family have been a huge fans of Walt Disney World for years. This is one of the most magical places you can be in even as adults. There's always some event going on throughout the parks all round the day. The entertainment does not stop throughout the day. When possible, always arrive early. When parks open up at 9 AM, plan to arrive at the parking lot at around 8 AM because it will take an hour to go through bag check/ticketing and walk to the attraction you actually want to visit.

1  Thank GauravBargujar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great time! It was our first visit and I didn’t have great expectations. I Knew it would be a lot of people and too many things to do with limited time to see it all. So, we carefully plan ahead of time hour by hour, day by day, coordinating dinner times and reservations with fast pass rides. It wasn’t easy because I had never plan a vacation like this and it was stressful. But it paid off because once we were there, all we had to do was to follow the schedule. As soon we used fast pases, I booked new ones from my phone. We decided not to waste any of our time waiting in line. Instead we explore other sites such as Disney Springs and The Void. Yes, there is always very crowded, and this makes the day not as enjoyable but the key is to be flexible, go with the flow, enjoy the moment, not to expect too much. The results are incredible!

1  Thank Mariaisagui
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have lived in Tampa my entire life. I grew up with Disney, and even now as a grown up, I love going to Disney! There are new things popping up at Walt Disney World all the time, and even the tried and true favorites are worth seeing over and over again! While Disney has a ton of family appeal, there really are some amazing experiences there for adults as well! I love going with my hunnie bunnie just to enjoy restaurants, rides, and drinks. We love it!