“A truly great motel”

Ranked #226 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A truly great motel”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a truly great American motel in the best traditions of that fine genre, particularly if you have just tipped off a 24 hour door-to-door flight from the UK and been subjected to rubbish Air France food. It is not our fault that you lost the battles of Crecy and Agincourt or that we hammered Napoleon at Trafalgar and Waterloo, French people. It is history. Move on. Adjust and stop trying to poison us with rubbish food on Air France.

Moving on.

Days Inn at Orlando is very nice and Kyle the Barman is a star. The motel is located a few minutes from the airport at a motorway junction but the rooms are clean and quiet. The pool looked nice but we did not have time to enjoy it since we were on the move.

This will be our first stop next time we visit Orlando and I recommend the place.

Did I mention the fact that Air France is rubbish and their in-flight meals would choke a pig? No? Air France is rubbish and their in-flight meals would choke a pig. But Days Inn at Orlando is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will put you far from the reception and bar.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauleaston
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
We sincerely appreciate the time you spent reviewing our hotel. Your business is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet our guest needs. The growth we’ve experienced over the years is because of customers like you, who faithfully support our business. Thanks again, for your business.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We have used others Days Inns in various parts of the country for one night stays when travelling so were happy to book this hotel for the same reason. Unfortunately there were a number of problems.
The airport shuttle took 45 minutes to arrive, then had to pick up other passengers who had been waiting over an hour apparently. There was not enough room but we managed to squash the last person in. Had we been travelling with anything other than holdalls I have no idea how the luggage would have fitted. A free shuttle service is great but there are still some basic expectations.
The airline had lost my luggage so I was in a bit of a hurry to get to the shops as it was late, consequently the slow shuttle service and then long line for check in were a worry. It is also worth noting that the hotel may be called Days Inn Florida Mall but it is actually about 3 miles away from the Mall. May not be a concern for many but proved a big problem in my circumstances.
Check in was friendly as was check out the next morning. However we had booked (and pre paid) two rooms and the receptionist could only locate one when we checked in, fortunately I had the documentation and a room was available.
Breakfast was fine, exactly as stated and bearing in mind the cost of the rooms it is a good extra.
The main issue we had was with the rooms. Firstly they smelled, both were non smoking but it smelled more as though they had been smoked in and then something used to cover this, or they just smelled stale, not sure. The carpet was stained, scruffy and dirty. The armchair was worn, discoloured and with stains and marks. The bathroom was generally clean but there were hairs in the sink and the lightswitch was filthy. The whole impression was of two rooms desperate for renovation but also in need of a very thorough clean which would at least have made them more presentable. The iron leaked and some of the power points did not work. I do not expect luxury for the price we paid but this was really poor.
With many other hotels near the airport I would not choose this one again.

Room Tip: Some have commented that rooms facing the road are too noisy, personally we did not find this (but w...
1 Thank Karen0101
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I booked room online & when we got to Florida friends there told us street was busy. After you get to where rooms & pool are you're pleasantly surprised. Its private,the room is clean, breakfast each day was good, I enjoyed the pool. My friend & I asked the afternoon desk clerk for a recommendation of chinese food & he directed us to a good buffet in area. ( always ask the locals!) We enjoyed the food in the bar on site. This was affordable & we would stay again. We stayed 4 nights without one complaint. Don't judge by the street outside, this is a nice place to stay for a week. Pam B.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool
1 Thank Pam B
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for responding to trip advisor,
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 March 2012

First of all the location is horrible. As I was driving along S. Orange Blossom Trail my heart dropped and tears came to my eyes. I had my three small kids in the back of the car staring out of the window at strip bars and obscene billboards. When we arrived at the hotel there were about six shady looking men hanging beside the lobby door which frightened me just to walk into the hotel. The young man behind the front desk during my check- in had no sense of hospitality. When my family made it to the actually room it was filthy. I spent over one hour cleaning it with Lysol wipes. From the grime I got up I would guess that the room had not seen housekeeping in over a year. Even though I managed to make the room half way decent my husband and I wanted another room. Upon calling the front desk we were informed that even though we paid for a suite they could only offer us a basic room and would not refund the price difference. Being aggravated and the fact it was 3 in the morning I decided to stay in the room that we were given so my kids could sleep (we had traveled 15 hours by car). When I pulled down the comforter/sheets to the bed I was in shock, as if anything else could go wrong. The sheets were nasty and in the center of the bed was a man's watch. Umm, now I know for sure that their housekeeping skills are terrible/nonexistent. At this point my husband and I were furious and feeling like we were the worst parents ever to our children by taking them to this hotel. Again, we called the front desk to complain and this time demand a full refund. Thankfully we were given our money back and we left this establishment RUNNING.... I tried to book our entire vacation on a strict budget, yet in the process we were taught a hard lesson. Never try to save money on a hotel. You get what you pay for, but in the case with this hotel you get even LESS !!!! I wish I would have taken photos of the room we were given to post on here. Then maybe by seeing for your own eyes you will not book this hotel. Save your time and money by going somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3 Thank Andrea K
Thank you for responding, we are sorry for the horrible visit with us, wish we could have made it better for you. But we are a family oriented hotel with overnight security, our location close to the Florida mall and the Florida international airport and 15min from major attractions make us a good location for travelers to stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Being a single mom traveling with 2 young kids price is a huge factor and Days Inn Orlando met this challenge. It's located on Orange Blossom Trail, which to the locals is referred to as the OBT, somewhat of a ghetto area, but apparently more so towards the north of the hotel. The room was clean, the kids loved the pool, they provided a basic breakfast in the morning. It was close to the airport, and Universal Studios. We stayed for 3 nights and felt comfortable and safe during our entire stay.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have elevators, but staying on the first floor we could hear the kids upstairs runn...
1 Thank Jill B
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for responding to tripadvisor, we hope that you will spend your next vacation with us.
also we would like to give our deepest appreciation for your continued support,