“Good start of our honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #29 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Moscow, Russia
“Good start of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

May be we were in a very good mood, but we think this hotel a great. The hotel is impressive, beautiful entrance. A room is very quiet, high bed is awesome )). We had a room with Disney view option, and one day we saw fireworks, beautiful but don’t very close )
Location is very good, although your have to do many turns from a highway, road runs along the beautiful area!
We had great food for breakfast, its really rich and delightful.
All the staff were very attentive and helping.

Small minuses: There is no in room mini bar; no alternative for valet park for $20 per day.

Room Tip: High floor with Disney view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from this first class Waldorf Astoria where everyone was just soooo nice that we hated to leave! I have stayed at other Disney properties but none could compare with this one. Everyone here runs a first class resort and goes out of their way to be kind, courteous, professional and efficient. We had great food, wonderful swimming, reliable transportation to the parks and a fantastic work out center. It will be so hard for me to get back in the routine of turning down my own sheets with no mints on them or slippers with robe waiting for me. We held a major conference here and the food/drinks were delicious. I would return here even if I did not want to go to the parks. This staff is fantastic and should be thanked over and over again. What a wonderful vacation. Thanks to everyone involved with making our stay sooooo special!!!!!! We shall return......

Room Tip: We loved the 14th floor....had a great view of the pools and pretty golf course.
Owosso, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

That is how I would describe "LUCIA" OUR GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT!!!!!
Of course the hotel is incredible too, however, to see Luia's happy face every day was the icing on the cake. We were here for the Raymond James conference and had wonderful rooms. To be greeted each day by Lucia was one of the highlights of our day. She always had a smile and was very gracious. Lucia had her work cut out for her - we had three boys with us!! YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW MUCH TIME AND EFFORT SHE HAD TO PUT INTO KEEPING THINGS IN PLACE. SHE WAS AMAZING!! I ASKED HER TO COME HOME WITH US AND SHE KINDLY SAID SHE WAS HAPPY HERE! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL AND ESPECIALLY LUCIA!

Room Tip: Ask for Lucia's Floor
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My stay was business related and I attended a meeting in the hotel. The hotel is impressive, rooms are quiet, bed is awesome. A couple small differences I found is there is no in room mini bar (no temptation to eat a $5 candy bar) and they use small espresso machines instead of coffee. This was a delight for me. Most of the staff were very attentive and helping. A special shout out to Jason the bellboy who went way out of his way to fulfill my rather unique request, Kelly at the front desk who spent 20 minutes with me answering again some very unique requests and Jason at the golf course who knew that I was using the range instead of going out on the course due to the threat of rain, let me go out a play a few holes after the threat was gone. These three staff members really get 5 star service!!

I also ate at the golf shop next door for lunch for each of my two day stay. Day 1 was perfect, the club sandwich was truly great (as recommended by the bellboy) and service was perfect but then lunch day 2 was hugely disappointing. My salad was not as fresh as it should of been along with my empty glass and the waitress's solution was to ignore me and have the other waitress drop off the check prior to finishing my meal.

My other issue was my nephew made a surprise visit and was going to simply come in and have a drink with me. They wanted him to valet park for $25 with no other option so we chose to LEAVE the property.

I heard allot of guests with kids talking about the pool and lazy river found at the Hilton next door and if you are in the Waldorf you can walk over and use that pool. My stay was great except for those small issues. I will be back next month as I want to play the course, the few holes I played were great.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side have no view
2 Thank Holyschmidt
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

One of my favorite places to stay in the Orlando area. The location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is fantastic. The service at the hotel is great and very smooth check in and out. If you are looking for someplace to stay that is relaxed and quiet this is the place. If you have younger kids or are a younger couple the adjacent Hilton, the Hilton is very hip and lively. There was a big difference walking from the Hilton where lots of kids were running around in the loud lobby to the Waldorf witch was relaxed and laid back The room was very nice and clean. the one problem we had was while looking through the room upon check out to make sure we had everything we looked in the cabinet drawer and found someone else’s dirty undergarments.... eww probably just an oversight by housekeeping ....other than that we had no other problems with the resort. I believe that the Bonnet Creek area is the best place to stay if not staying at a Disney Resort. The pool area was very clean and relaxing. Overall very good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family