“Really great service, great central location”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #48 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Really great service, great central location”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Very friendly staff everywhere. Even the parking lot attendants would ask if you need directions, not once, but every time, and at any hour.

The location is perfect, just a few minutes drive to Universal Studios area, less than 15 minutes to Disney area, 15 minutes to the airport, 15 minutes to downtown Orlando, so it's very central. And two major freeways are very close. Just remember Highway 528 exit #1 is the best place to exit for the hotel (coming from either direction).

Rooms were nice, although not five star. No HBO, no stereo in the room, but very comfortable bedding. Average size room, but nice big bathroom. Views aren't really that interesting, but I would think a pool view would be best. Small mini fridge in the room, nice big desk and chair, also lounge chair with ottoman was nice. Room was perfectly clean everywhere. I thought the shampoo bottle was really small, just enough for only one shampoo. If two people in one room, it won't be enough shampoo. Insulation between rooms was fine, but I could hear people in the hallway through the door, but not too serious.

The pool was nice, had a little "lazy river" area you can float around innertubes on. I only went to the breakfast buffet, but it was decent, but not lavish. Good fresh fruit, omlette station etc.

On the weekend days, the hotel was very full, several events going on, and the garage was not big enough to accomodate everyone, so many cars were parked somewhat far away on a lawn, but I'm guessing that is rare. Parking is charged daily, as in internet.

Nearby about a 5 minute walk is a Mobil gas station with a 24 hour convenience store; A few more minutes away is a McDonald's, Red Lobster and a small supermarket. A 5 minute drive away is the part of International Drive with many restaurants, night clubs, shops, malls, etc. which was nice.

There was a mix up at checkin, Kayak sent Hilton the wrong dates, not the fault of Hilton at all, so it took 15 minutes to check in, but they offered me two breakfast buffet coupons for my time, which was really very generous and nice.

Very friendly staff throughout here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank pattayainsider
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
pattayainsider - Thank you for writing about your stay. We appreciate your perspective and detailed observations about our rooms and about our central location.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Visited hotel for a business conference. Very upscale Hilton with a beautiful lobby and nice rooms. very nice pool although it can be a bit crowded when the hotel is full. We really appreciated the adult only pool. Clean with excellent staff service. Good proximity to many nice restaurants and bars on International drive, close to outlet malls, and not far from the airport. Not particularly convenient if you are going to Disney World.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
dandkm88 - Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking a few minutes to write about your experience. We appreciate your comments and were glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My family and I drove to Florida to start a 2 week family vacation. I thought it would be nice to go a day early and stay at this hotel, (as it was rated #1 here on Tripadvisor)
Wow what a disapointment.
Where do I begin, how about, standing in line for 25 minutes trying to check in.......... or the fact that they nickle and dime you for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Need Wifi in your room- it'll cost approx 15.00/per night, parking 12.00/per night, want to play miniputt at the hotel- average out approx 20.00 for 4 putters/ 30min. Need to make a local call..... it'll cost ya.
oh, and be aware..... READ the holder that the key card comes in.......our's stated that if you DONT want a paper in the morning you need to let them know otherwise your room will be charged 75cents everyday.
This hotel has NOTHING that is complimentary..........so after all that we decided we'd just go down and sit by the pool- and relax
yeah... right. where should we sit....? on other people's laps? I've never seen a more busy pool. and it just got more, and more busy.
Now what.......
we decided to go for a walk-
other than a Denny's, McDonald's and a Walgreen's there isnt much around to walk too. You'll have to take your car to get to any shopping or entertainment.
The next day I decided to go to the Marketplace on the ground level to grab a quick breakfast- 1 bagel with butter on the side.......almost 5.00 with tax.........are you kidding me???

I had purchased a package that let us have a later check-out that day- what a waste - while my husband packed up- I called the next resort to see if we could get in early- we wanted out of this hotel as soon as possible.
Before we left I went down to the front desk to "discuss" my unhapiness, I mean close to $300.00/night I should be able to say something, but yet again, long line up....c'mon, it's time to hire more desk staff.
I stood approximately 5 minutes and overheard 2 other people discussing how unhappy they were with everything costing a small fortune.
We left.
The rooms and beds are par with a Fairfield Inn by Marriott or a Holiday Inn at best.
I will never stay here again and have advised my friends the same. A $220.00 night ended up costing us almost $300.00 -pathetic.
I'm sure there are other hotels in the area that are just as nice but more reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
20 Thank eagle167
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time! The hotel is amazing and our room was very clean. each person we talked to was friendly and offered great directions and recommendations. Wish we had spent more time enjoying the amazing pool area!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
RFJ74 - Thank you for your comments. Sounds like you need to come back to spend some more time at the pool.
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were staying at the hotel for a large convention. I had booked two rooms and requested to have them located close together. We registered and the front desk attendant said we were had rooms down the hall from each other. So we went to the elevator and looked at our keys and we were on floors 5 and 7!

We spent time around the pool for a few days. The pool is very nice but the service is poor. We had to wait long periods of time to place an order, get our drinks and then pay for them. They could have much higher sales if they actually staffed it properly.

Stephen's Restaurant is nice but we found the food very salty and expensive.

Overall we liked the hotel- rooms were nice, usually quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business