“Our 3rd time here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Our 3rd time here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel. We traveled with friends who loved it. I would stay here again. We had a great vacation and spent more time at the hotel pool than we did at any of the parks. Very clean and hotel staff very accomodating. We've recommended this Hilton over and over again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vacationer0003
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Vacationer0003 - There are so many choices of hotels in Orlando and we are very thankful you keep picking us. Thanks for sharing your experience and opinions with everyone.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

If you've read my reviews before, you know that my "home" in Orlando has been the Peabody. However, my company offered me the opportunity to try the Hilton Orlando while @ a recent convention, so I took the chance to add to my HHonors points and I am glad that I did!

The hotel is new, pleasantly decorated and "attached" to the Orange County Convention Center via a covered walkway.

My check-in was easy and facilitated with a smile by Latoya, who took the time to get me the room that I needed. Turns out the room was a "Pure" room with special linens and an air filter. The air filter has quite a few lights on the front and needed to be covered in order to make the room dark at night for sleeping (I did this with some bandages).

Another drawback was the air conditioning system, which never kept the room at the cold setting that I wanted. While not uncomfortable, it would have been nice to have it colder in the room when needed.

The room itself was large, quiet and well appointed. My room had a bathtub/shower combo, which I prefer.

The staff was friendly and informative and always made you feel at home. While this hotel has over 1400 rooms, it somehow still feels more boutique. This could be because of the efficient elevator system with a bank for the lower floors and another for the upper, that really kept things moving.

I was upgraded to the Executive Club on the 19th floor. This club is quite minimalist in it's offerings, but is comfortable none-the-less. It is always a welcome respite for a quick breakfast or light snack. The food could be better, but it does serve its needs.

Foodwise... Spencer's Steakhouse is their top restaurant and it is quite good, but expensive. The Tropics pool bar/restaurant was good for lunch by the pool. I enjoyed the tuna wrap that featured a whole wheat tortilla. I did not have room service, but my friends did and said that the food was not great and delivered without some items that were ordered. This error was quickly rectified.

All-in-all I would recommend this Hilton and will be back. Who knows, this may just become my new "home" in Orlando?

1 Thank cwcharacters
cwcharacters - Thanks for giving us a try. We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and were able to grow your Honors points. We appreciate your comments and thank you for telling everyone about your experience. We would love to be your "home" in Orlando.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed with my travel companion on the "executive level" of the hotel. Basically this floor was key card restricted, and had a "special" lounge which served breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The lounge was a nice touch, however the rooms were just about on par with what I expected. They were clean and well kept upto the Hilton standard.

The one thing that we did notice at this hotel was how many staff members there were. There were literally staff members at every turn. At times it felt a little frustrating, as you couldn't help but running into someone who was trying to help you and it felt like you needed to frequently tip. For example, to exit the parking structure there is an attendant. You simply need to swipe your key card to exit and enter. However the attendant comes out of the booth and offers to swipe your card for you and make recommendations for restaurants and places to visit in the area. Its a bit of overkill.

The pool area was fantastic, and you must visit the lazy river. I personally took about 7 laps on it.

Also we visited the spa, which was a very nice treat. It was a full feature spa with a steam room, rain fall showerhead and all the other goodies you would expect to find.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank wils9362
xhotardx - We are glad you stayed with us and enjoyed all our pool area and spa amenities. Lucky for you there are no limitations on how many laps you do on the lazy river. Thanks for writing about our hotel.
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed for one night on business in an executive level room. Overall the room was typical Hilton quality. I liked the walk-in shower rather than tub with shower. Doubt all rooms are configured this way, however. My room did not have the best air conditioning. It took way too long to get the room to an acceptable temp. This would definitely be an issue in hotter weather.

The common areas are nice and BIG since this is a convention hotel and accommodates the masses. I especially liked the workout facility, as the gym was larger and cleaner than most hotels offer. Also, the equipment was of good quality. While the gym and common areas were nice, I did not care for the executive lounge. The service in the lounge was poor, the food was not replenished, and the floor by the bar was sticky night and day. I guess they don't bother to clean the floor much. Finally, the breakfast in the lounge was lacking hot options. I have experienced much nicer executive lounges. Aside from the service in the lounge, everyone else was super friendly and helpful.

I gave the hotel an average rating because for the price, I expected more in terms of the lounge and the location. There are other hotels closer to the convention center that allow one to walk to numerous bars and shops, but this Hilton is a bit off the path and slightly too far from the action.

Room Tip: Skip the executive lounge unless you get a real good price. I wouldn't pay more than $30 extra p...
3 Thank VacationDude
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
VacationDude - We really appreciate your comments and feedback about your stay. We are very happy you liked our over-sized gym, felt comfortable with your room, and enjoyed interacting with our staff. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't care for our Executive Lounge and we have followed up with our team concerning your comments. We have other dining experiences at the hotel including a hot breakfast at The Bistro, casual dining at David's Club and fine dining at Spencer's. We are centrally located to all of the Orlando attractions and the nighttime entertainment is within a mile of the hotel. While walking may not be suitable for everyone there are taxis, a trolley and rickshaws readily available. We hope that if given an option to visit Orlando again, you would consider us and work with our team to find the best options for food and entertainment to meet your needs.
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Beautiful hotel if you like modern decor. Too much glass, mirrors, and chrome for me, I prefer the warmth of wood. Great staff and service with two beautiful pools and lazy river. Immaculately clean, even the rest rooms by the pool were nice. Lots of areas to stretch out throughout the property. Down side are the exorbitant daily cost for parking, unbelievable food/beverage prices ($14 for room service Starbucks coffee) and the nerve to charge registered guests for internet access. Even McDonalds offers free wifi! Staff went out of their way to be friendly and the areas around the pools were very inviting.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the elevator, the halls are quite long.
4 Thank 2600marinaman
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
2600marinaman - We appreciate your favorable comments about our amenities, cleanliness and service. We are sorry to see you were disappointed with the Hilton standard internet fees and the prices for food and beverage. You'll find that they are very similar to what can be found at the competitor hotels and restaurants in the Orlando area. At times, you may be able to find packages on our web site where those costs can be a better value for you depending on your travel needs.