Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
  • Restaurant
Floridian Express(Orlando)
  • Breakfast included
11,070 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was my 2nd visit to the LRP. We (Me, sister, niece-7) checked in early on 3/19/12. Last time we had Tower 1 which was an upgraded room. The agent could not do that for us. Bummer. Thought she could have tried harder. Our room in Tower 2 was not ready. We stored luggage and starting enjoying the day. The Good: The service is incredible. All staff that we came in contact with was extremely professional, customer oriented, and friendly. We ate lunch at the pool bar and dinner the last night on property at Jake's. Food was really good, especially at Jake's. Room was clean and large enough for our party. We could see the rides of the park but they were way in the distance, not like the last trip. Pool was warm enough to swim in, even at night. Air was cool but pool was warm. Thanks! The only concern I have with the pool is the ducks in the pool. Undisciplined kids try to handle the wild animals and not sure if healthy idea letting them swim with us. I think the best perk is hands down your key is the access to Express for the rides. You walk right up to most rides or at the most a 10 to 15 minutes wait. I rode Spider Man 7 times. You can't beat that!! I hope they never take this perk away. The Bad: The hotel was sold out so you would think that when the parks closed (peak times) there would be enough water taxis to take us back to the hotel. Not the case. Long lines to get back onto the water taxis and not enough in service. Overall, I still have to give the rating of excellent. The good outweighed the bad. We had a great Spring Break. (4 Days, 3 Nights)

Room Tip: Tower 1. Close to all the activites and great views of the park rides.
1  Thank woodie13
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We only spent one night here and it was luxurious. We had spent the two previous nights at Pop Century in Disney and moved here to take advantage of the front of the line passes for Universal/Islands of Adventure. The price was considerably more than we paid for Pop Century, but it was well worth it. The hotel and grounds were beautiful. Beds were very comfortable and the shower was probably the very best shower I've ever experienced in a hotel. The kids swam in the pool at night and had a great time. There is an area where you can shoot streams of water at each other. We had dinner in the Islands restaurant and it was delicious...had the breakfast bar the following morning. Excellent. Check in and all other services were fantastic. We loved the boat ride over to the parks and having front of the line passes made our time there much more enjoyable. I did not visit the gym, but a couple of guys in our party did and they raved about it. Best hotel gym they'd ever been in.

Room Tip: If you go with a group, make all the reservations at once so they will be better able to accommodate you in the same area.
1  Thank conjer95
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for at least the 4th time. Rooms are not huge but adequate. Pool is nice but lots of kids if you want some open space to swim. Limited options for early morning full breakfast. When you stay at any of the three Loews hotels on-site, you get unlimited express pass priveleges in the Universal theme parks for the duration of your stay (you still need an admission ticket.). Especially worth it during spring break when the park is packed.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Royal Pacific over spring break. The hotel is beautiful, and our room was spotless and quiet, with a great view of the courtyard. The Express Passes for Universal were worth every penny we paid for the hotel, along with the early entry into Harry Potter. The hotel is close enough to walk to both parks and to City Walk. Our only complaint was that although we had registered as 3 adults, 2 juniors, and the room was listed as sleeping 5, the desk wanted to charge us for a rollaway. When we asked about the "sleeps 5", they said that they expect 3 children to sleep in one of the queen beds. Even when our children were young, that would not have worked for us. When we pointed out that our reservation was for 3 adults, the desk clerk allowed us to have the rollaway for free. It was a tight squeeze in a room with 2 queen beds. So be aware if you want 5 in a room! But all it took was a polite request to resolve the issue, and that was our only complaint for the entire stay. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Universal.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've heard the Loew's hotels are great, but haven't yet stayed at one. I was at the Royal Pacific with my 13 year old daughter this past weekend for a girls' weekend (my daughter is a Harry Potter nut and wanted to go to the Universal attraction). From the start, the staff was AWESOME -- we had driven up from the South and my plan was to return our rental car at the Orlando airport. When I explained to the valet that I wanted to check in, dump off our stuff and go drop the car off at the airport, he asked, "Are you sure you need to go all the way to the airport?" I understood that I did, or I'd be charged extra (and my father-in-law had paid for the rental, so I really didn't want to incur extra charges). He encouraged me to make a few calls, because he thought there'd be a hotel close by where I could return it with no penalty --In fact, there was, about a half mile away. This friendly valet didn't have to do that -- he was just being a nice guy.
ROOM : Great room in Tower 2, which we really liked. A "garden view", which is often a euphemism for parking lot or bla view. But, we had a great view (with a tiny bit of parking lot, seen just from one angle). We were on the 7th floor and looked over the picturesque bridge into the hotel and lush gardens. Beyond that, we could see Universal and even Hogwarts, which was very exciting for my daughter. I think Tower 2 is quieter, which we really liked. I would not want to overlook the pool, personally...
The beds were super, super comfortable -- nice bed and bedding. An Ipod dock (but we couldn't get it to work with our Ipod), toiletries were abundant and I liked them, though I didn't recognize the brand (I'm a toiletry nut) "Lather" was the name -- seemed good to me. Like many other reviewers, I also appreciated the Keurig maker -- a very nice touch!
Speaking of coffee, the official coffee of the hotel is Starbucks -- that's what they sell in the restaurants and cafes. I hate traveling and drinking bad coffee, so I think that's a real perk, too.
I agree with others that the pool was well-maintained and lots of attendants around. Plenty of towels and seats. I've stayed at some places where it's a competitive sport to get a seat -- not here! They had urns of ice cold water flavored with orange slices. I did not love the music throughout the pool area (though they played good songs). It's fun if you're hanging around, but I found it impossible to read with the music playing, and it seemed like there were speakers everywhere. My suggestion is to have an area without speakers, for people who would prefer more quiet.
Food: We ate at Emeril's Chop Shop the first night --very good, great atmosphere, probably the only time I'll eat tofu in Florida (it was delicious)! We ordered room service breakfast one morning which was great -- I loved the passionfruit yogurt parfait with fresh and dried fruits, my daughter had pineapple and a macadamia nut/coconut muffin --yum! Good orange juice. And of course, the Starbucks coffee for me. We were happy. Served promptly.
The next morning, we went to" Islands" for breakfast and, since I liked the parfait so much, I ordered it again. My daughter had pancakes. All delicious. The final morning, we did the buffet, which was not so good, in my opinion. I guess you save money if you completely gorge yourself; otherwise not that big a savings and the pancakes aren't hot, nothing is as fresh as if you ordered it a la carte.
Like everyone else, we loved the Express line! Kind of stunning to walk right onto rides again and again. Huge perk.
One complaint: On the last morning, our housekeeper knocked on the door at 8am, which is ridiculous. Checkout is at 11am. I happened to be awake anyway, but I was hoping to sleep till 9 that day and my daughter was still asleep. It didn't really matter, but the idea that a housekeeper would think that's OK is not good. Had I really needed that hour, I would've been bummed! I guess, as a precaution, use a Do not DIsturb thingie on your door, lest someone knock on it at 8am!
Overall, staff was great, except for that housekeeper (but otherwise, the housekeeping was excellent). Very attentive staff, truly friendly, they seem to like working there.
Based on this experience, I will definitely stay at another Loew's hotel again!

Room Tip: We liked the quiet of Tower 2. We also liked our high floor (we were on the 7th).