“Loved every minute of it!”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #63 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Moss Point, Mississippi
“Loved every minute of it!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We only spent one night here and it was luxurious. We had spent the two previous nights at Pop Century in Disney and moved here to take advantage of the front of the line passes for Universal/Islands of Adventure. The price was considerably more than we paid for Pop Century, but it was well worth it. The hotel and grounds were beautiful. Beds were very comfortable and the shower was probably the very best shower I've ever experienced in a hotel. The kids swam in the pool at night and had a great time. There is an area where you can shoot streams of water at each other. We had dinner in the Islands restaurant and it was delicious...had the breakfast bar the following morning. Excellent. Check in and all other services were fantastic. We loved the boat ride over to the parks and having front of the line passes made our time there much more enjoyable. I did not visit the gym, but a couple of guys in our party did and they raved about it. Best hotel gym they'd ever been in.

Room Tip: If you go with a group, make all the reservations at once so they will be better able to accommodate...
1 Thank conjer95
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for at least the 4th time. Rooms are not huge but adequate. Pool is nice but lots of kids if you want some open space to swim. Limited options for early morning full breakfast. When you stay at any of the three Loews hotels on-site, you get unlimited express pass priveleges in the Universal theme parks for the duration of your stay (you still need an admission ticket.). Especially worth it during spring break when the park is packed.

• Stayed March 2012
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Royal Pacific over spring break. The hotel is beautiful, and our room was spotless and quiet, with a great view of the courtyard. The Express Passes for Universal were worth every penny we paid for the hotel, along with the early entry into Harry Potter. The hotel is close enough to walk to both parks and to City Walk. Our only complaint was that although we had registered as 3 adults, 2 juniors, and the room was listed as sleeping 5, the desk wanted to charge us for a rollaway. When we asked about the "sleeps 5", they said that they expect 3 children to sleep in one of the queen beds. Even when our children were young, that would not have worked for us. When we pointed out that our reservation was for 3 adults, the desk clerk allowed us to have the rollaway for free. It was a tight squeeze in a room with 2 queen beds. So be aware if you want 5 in a room! But all it took was a polite request to resolve the issue, and that was our only complaint for the entire stay. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Universal.

New York City
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've heard the Loew's hotels are great, but haven't yet stayed at one. I was at the Royal Pacific with my 13 year old daughter this past weekend for a girls' weekend (my daughter is a Harry Potter nut and wanted to go to the Universal attraction). From the start, the staff was AWESOME -- we had driven up from the South and my plan was to return our rental car at the Orlando airport. When I explained to the valet that I wanted to check in, dump off our stuff and go drop the car off at the airport, he asked, "Are you sure you need to go all the way to the airport?" I understood that I did, or I'd be charged extra (and my father-in-law had paid for the rental, so I really didn't want to incur extra charges). He encouraged me to make a few calls, because he thought there'd be a hotel close by where I could return it with no penalty --In fact, there was, about a half mile away. This friendly valet didn't have to do that -- he was just being a nice guy.
ROOM : Great room in Tower 2, which we really liked. A "garden view", which is often a euphemism for parking lot or bla view. But, we had a great view (with a tiny bit of parking lot, seen just from one angle). We were on the 7th floor and looked over the picturesque bridge into the hotel and lush gardens. Beyond that, we could see Universal and even Hogwarts, which was very exciting for my daughter. I think Tower 2 is quieter, which we really liked. I would not want to overlook the pool, personally...
The beds were super, super comfortable -- nice bed and bedding. An Ipod dock (but we couldn't get it to work with our Ipod), toiletries were abundant and I liked them, though I didn't recognize the brand (I'm a toiletry nut) "Lather" was the name -- seemed good to me. Like many other reviewers, I also appreciated the Keurig maker -- a very nice touch!
Speaking of coffee, the official coffee of the hotel is Starbucks -- that's what they sell in the restaurants and cafes. I hate traveling and drinking bad coffee, so I think that's a real perk, too.
I agree with others that the pool was well-maintained and lots of attendants around. Plenty of towels and seats. I've stayed at some places where it's a competitive sport to get a seat -- not here! They had urns of ice cold water flavored with orange slices. I did not love the music throughout the pool area (though they played good songs). It's fun if you're hanging around, but I found it impossible to read with the music playing, and it seemed like there were speakers everywhere. My suggestion is to have an area without speakers, for people who would prefer more quiet.
Food: We ate at Emeril's Chop Shop the first night --very good, great atmosphere, probably the only time I'll eat tofu in Florida (it was delicious)! We ordered room service breakfast one morning which was great -- I loved the passionfruit yogurt parfait with fresh and dried fruits, my daughter had pineapple and a macadamia nut/coconut muffin --yum! Good orange juice. And of course, the Starbucks coffee for me. We were happy. Served promptly.
The next morning, we went to" Islands" for breakfast and, since I liked the parfait so much, I ordered it again. My daughter had pancakes. All delicious. The final morning, we did the buffet, which was not so good, in my opinion. I guess you save money if you completely gorge yourself; otherwise not that big a savings and the pancakes aren't hot, nothing is as fresh as if you ordered it a la carte.
Like everyone else, we loved the Express line! Kind of stunning to walk right onto rides again and again. Huge perk.
One complaint: On the last morning, our housekeeper knocked on the door at 8am, which is ridiculous. Checkout is at 11am. I happened to be awake anyway, but I was hoping to sleep till 9 that day and my daughter was still asleep. It didn't really matter, but the idea that a housekeeper would think that's OK is not good. Had I really needed that hour, I would've been bummed! I guess, as a precaution, use a Do not DIsturb thingie on your door, lest someone knock on it at 8am!
Overall, staff was great, except for that housekeeper (but otherwise, the housekeeping was excellent). Very attentive staff, truly friendly, they seem to like working there.
Based on this experience, I will definitely stay at another Loew's hotel again!

Room Tip: We liked the quiet of Tower 2. We also liked our high floor (we were on the 7th).
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

First rate facilities, tropical pool and beach area. Regular rooms are a bit small but well-equipt and practically laid out. Their customer service is all you expect of Loews, and the themed decor is stylish, not kitschy. Though it is a large hotel it seems more intimate than its sister the Portofino. The best feature though its how close it is to Islands of Adventure, and how staying there provides early access to the parks and express ride entry. Truly worth the extra price. Look for Florida/Georgia resident, AAA or senior discounts.

3 Thank Dmcneil127