Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
US$ 147
US$ 117
US$ 91
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 195
US$ 239
US$ 674
US$ 635
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
TripAdvisor
11,216 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for at least the 4th time. Rooms are not huge but adequate. Pool is nice but lots of kids if you want some open space to swim. Limited options for early morning full breakfast. When you stay at any of the three Loews hotels on-site, you get unlimited express pass priveleges in the Universal theme parks for the duration of your stay (you still need an admission ticket.). Especially worth it during spring break when the park is packed.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Royal Pacific over spring break. The hotel is beautiful, and our room was spotless and quiet, with a great view of the courtyard. The Express Passes for Universal were worth every penny we paid for the hotel, along with the early entry into Harry Potter. The hotel is close enough to walk to both parks and to City Walk. Our only complaint was that although we had registered as 3 adults, 2 juniors, and the room was listed as sleeping 5, the desk wanted to charge us for a rollaway. When we asked about the "sleeps 5", they said that they expect 3 children to sleep in one of the queen beds. Even when our children were young, that would not have worked for us. When we pointed out that our reservation was for 3 adults, the desk clerk allowed us to have the rollaway for free. It was a tight squeeze in a room with 2 queen beds. So be aware if you want 5 in a room! But all it took was a polite request to resolve the issue, and that was our only complaint for the entire stay. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Universal.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've heard the Loew's hotels are great, but haven't yet stayed at one. I was at the Royal Pacific with my 13 year old daughter this past weekend for a girls' weekend (my daughter is a Harry Potter nut and wanted to go to the Universal attraction). From the start, the staff was AWESOME -- we had driven up from the South and my plan was to return our rental car at the Orlando airport. When I explained to the valet that I wanted to check in, dump off our stuff and go drop the car off at the airport, he asked, "Are you sure you need to go all the way to the airport?" I understood that I did, or I'd be charged extra (and my father-in-law had paid for the rental, so I really didn't want to incur extra charges). He encouraged me to make a few calls, because he thought there'd be a hotel close by where I could return it with no penalty --In fact, there was, about a half mile away. This friendly valet didn't have to do that -- he was just being a nice guy.
ROOM : Great room in Tower 2, which we really liked. A "garden view", which is often a euphemism for parking lot or bla view. But, we had a great view (with a tiny bit of parking lot, seen just from one angle). We were on the 7th floor and looked over the picturesque bridge into the hotel and lush gardens. Beyond that, we could see Universal and even Hogwarts, which was very exciting for my daughter. I think Tower 2 is quieter, which we really liked. I would not want to overlook the pool, personally...
The beds were super, super comfortable -- nice bed and bedding. An Ipod dock (but we couldn't get it to work with our Ipod), toiletries were abundant and I liked them, though I didn't recognize the brand (I'm a toiletry nut) "Lather" was the name -- seemed good to me. Like many other reviewers, I also appreciated the Keurig maker -- a very nice touch!
Speaking of coffee, the official coffee of the hotel is Starbucks -- that's what they sell in the restaurants and cafes. I hate traveling and drinking bad coffee, so I think that's a real perk, too.
I agree with others that the pool was well-maintained and lots of attendants around. Plenty of towels and seats. I've stayed at some places where it's a competitive sport to get a seat -- not here! They had urns of ice cold water flavored with orange slices. I did not love the music throughout the pool area (though they played good songs). It's fun if you're hanging around, but I found it impossible to read with the music playing, and it seemed like there were speakers everywhere. My suggestion is to have an area without speakers, for people who would prefer more quiet.
Food: We ate at Emeril's Chop Shop the first night --very good, great atmosphere, probably the only time I'll eat tofu in Florida (it was delicious)! We ordered room service breakfast one morning which was great -- I loved the passionfruit yogurt parfait with fresh and dried fruits, my daughter had pineapple and a macadamia nut/coconut muffin --yum! Good orange juice. And of course, the Starbucks coffee for me. We were happy. Served promptly.
The next morning, we went to" Islands" for breakfast and, since I liked the parfait so much, I ordered it again. My daughter had pancakes. All delicious. The final morning, we did the buffet, which was not so good, in my opinion. I guess you save money if you completely gorge yourself; otherwise not that big a savings and the pancakes aren't hot, nothing is as fresh as if you ordered it a la carte.
Like everyone else, we loved the Express line! Kind of stunning to walk right onto rides again and again. Huge perk.
One complaint: On the last morning, our housekeeper knocked on the door at 8am, which is ridiculous. Checkout is at 11am. I happened to be awake anyway, but I was hoping to sleep till 9 that day and my daughter was still asleep. It didn't really matter, but the idea that a housekeeper would think that's OK is not good. Had I really needed that hour, I would've been bummed! I guess, as a precaution, use a Do not DIsturb thingie on your door, lest someone knock on it at 8am!
Overall, staff was great, except for that housekeeper (but otherwise, the housekeeping was excellent). Very attentive staff, truly friendly, they seem to like working there.
Based on this experience, I will definitely stay at another Loew's hotel again!

Room Tip: We liked the quiet of Tower 2. We also liked our high floor (we were on the 7th).
Reviewed 27 March 2012

First rate facilities, tropical pool and beach area. Regular rooms are a bit small but well-equipt and practically laid out. Their customer service is all you expect of Loews, and the themed decor is stylish, not kitschy. Though it is a large hotel it seems more intimate than its sister the Portofino. The best feature though its how close it is to Islands of Adventure, and how staying there provides early access to the parks and express ride entry. Truly worth the extra price. Look for Florida/Georgia resident, AAA or senior discounts.

3  Thank Dmcneil127
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were at the Royal Pacific for five nights. We had been to Universal on a couple of prior occasions, but had not stayed 'on property' before. We found the staff very friendly and always willing to help make our stay a true vacation. We were lucky to get early check in (9:30am) which made our first day a pleasantly full one. On the back end we had an 8:00pm flight out and learned that our room keys would continue to function as our 'express passes' for the parks and we also had full use of the hotel facilities for the entire day. This included use of the locker room in the gym for showers and a locker for our carry-on bags that we wanted access to over the course of the last day.
Our room was on the small side (as we had heard from other reviews), but it was always clean and was well furnished. We paid for an upgrade to get a view of the parks and felt the money ($30/night) was worth every penny.
Our only negative experience was on a single occasion of very slow service (food and drinks) at the pool. The hotel charges a gratuity of 18% on all service at the pool and 90% of the time I was happy to pay it, but I didn't appreciate the one time I wouldn't have tipped a cent, but still had to pay it. That said, the experience at the hotel was still a very positive one.
The perks of being 'on property' (getting in and hour early to the parks each day, free express pass, having purchases delivered free of charge to the hotel room and the convenience of not having to drive and coming and going from the parks to the hotel as we wished, w/out the concern of walking to the car, driving to the hotel, etc,) were absolutely wonderful.
The gym is an added expense, but is spotless with well furnished locker rooms and well furnished (given the relatively small size) with equipment.
Lastly, we opted for a cab from the airport instead of the shuttle service. The cab was cheaper ($43+ tip) and got you straight to the hotel without other stops.

Room Tip: Get as high up as you can with a park view. Only a slight amount of noise from the parks filtered into the room.
3  Thank Roycethevoice