I've heard the Loew's hotels are great, but haven't yet stayed at one. I was at the Royal Pacific with my 13 year old daughter this past weekend for a girls' weekend (my daughter is a Harry Potter nut and wanted to go to the Universal attraction). From the start, the staff was AWESOME -- we had driven up from the South and my plan was to return our rental car at the Orlando airport. When I explained to the valet that I wanted to check in, dump off our stuff and go drop the car off at the airport, he asked, "Are you sure you need to go all the way to the airport?" I understood that I did, or I'd be charged extra (and my father-in-law had paid for the rental, so I really didn't want to incur extra charges). He encouraged me to make a few calls, because he thought there'd be a hotel close by where I could return it with no penalty --In fact, there was, about a half mile away. This friendly valet didn't have to do that -- he was just being a nice guy.
ROOM : Great room in Tower 2, which we really liked. A "garden view", which is often a euphemism for parking lot or bla view. But, we had a great view (with a tiny bit of parking lot, seen just from one angle). We were on the 7th floor and looked over the picturesque bridge into the hotel and lush gardens. Beyond that, we could see Universal and even Hogwarts, which was very exciting for my daughter. I think Tower 2 is quieter, which we really liked. I would not want to overlook the pool, personally...
The beds were super, super comfortable -- nice bed and bedding. An Ipod dock (but we couldn't get it to work with our Ipod), toiletries were abundant and I liked them, though I didn't recognize the brand (I'm a toiletry nut) "Lather" was the name -- seemed good to me. Like many other reviewers, I also appreciated the Keurig maker -- a very nice touch!
Speaking of coffee, the official coffee of the hotel is Starbucks -- that's what they sell in the restaurants and cafes. I hate traveling and drinking bad coffee, so I think that's a real perk, too.
I agree with others that the pool was well-maintained and lots of attendants around. Plenty of towels and seats. I've stayed at some places where it's a competitive sport to get a seat -- not here! They had urns of ice cold water flavored with orange slices. I did not love the music throughout the pool area (though they played good songs). It's fun if you're hanging around, but I found it impossible to read with the music playing, and it seemed like there were speakers everywhere. My suggestion is to have an area without speakers, for people who would prefer more quiet.
Food: We ate at Emeril's Chop Shop the first night --very good, great atmosphere, probably the only time I'll eat tofu in Florida (it was delicious)! We ordered room service breakfast one morning which was great -- I loved the passionfruit yogurt parfait with fresh and dried fruits, my daughter had pineapple and a macadamia nut/coconut muffin --yum! Good orange juice. And of course, the Starbucks coffee for me. We were happy. Served promptly.
The next morning, we went to" Islands" for breakfast and, since I liked the parfait so much, I ordered it again. My daughter had pancakes. All delicious. The final morning, we did the buffet, which was not so good, in my opinion. I guess you save money if you completely gorge yourself; otherwise not that big a savings and the pancakes aren't hot, nothing is as fresh as if you ordered it a la carte.
Like everyone else, we loved the Express line! Kind of stunning to walk right onto rides again and again. Huge perk.
One complaint: On the last morning, our housekeeper knocked on the door at 8am, which is ridiculous. Checkout is at 11am. I happened to be awake anyway, but I was hoping to sleep till 9 that day and my daughter was still asleep. It didn't really matter, but the idea that a housekeeper would think that's OK is not good. Had I really needed that hour, I would've been bummed! I guess, as a precaution, use a Do not DIsturb thingie on your door, lest someone knock on it at 8am!
Overall, staff was great, except for that housekeeper (but otherwise, the housekeeping was excellent). Very attentive staff, truly friendly, they seem to like working there.
Based on this experience, I will definitely stay at another Loew's hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort