“Best Disney Property”

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We are big fans of Disney, have been to Orlando for at least 10 times in the past 4 years. We already stayed in all types of properties, and the one we liked most was the Grand Floridian. Architecture is awesome (ok, this is subjective and does not make that much difference on a trip), spotless service and cleaning. Spacious rooms, and the 24 hours place comes always handy - specially after leaving Magic Kingdom in Extra Magic Hours. Being so close to Magic Kingdom - the most troubled park to get in - is always handy, you can actually walk, or take the boat or monorail. Rent a boat to ride on the lake, or go to one of the 2 awesome pools - one has waterslides, enjoy the sand beach. This hotel is the best one disney has.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosca789
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had great service at this hotel. The grounds are beautiful and clean. The rooms are decent size and have balaconies. Both pools are well maintained. The bathrooms are nice sized. I think they have a very friendly and helpful staff especially the front desk. But for $440 - $700 a night I just think that is crazy expensive for what the property gives you. I know that Disney is expensive, but it just seems way over the top. I have stayed around the world in many 4 and 5 star hotels for a lot less cash. I did not even pay for my room. I had $2500 Disney cash. Last time we stayed at the Contemporary for a CPA Conference. If I had to pay, I would probably stay off property for a lot less money and rent a car and drive in to the parks. If I had Disney Cash or a conference, I would definately stay at the Grand Floridian again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SBHARTE67
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is our second time staying at the Grand Floridian. The property is beautiful and the rooms average for the price. The towels are abundant as well as the toiletries. The bed pillows are the size of postage stamps, need to be larger.

Our issue this time was the wait staff in the Grand Floridian Cafe. On our first day, we stopped in for lunch. The minute we sat down a waiter came over to complain about the messy table left next to us. He went on to describe the country they were from and how difficult they were. He announced this in front of 3-4 tables. Two days later he came over to update us on his $3.00 tip from that table. He was not even our waiter either time! So very unprofessional & UN-DISNEY! Our waiter was very slow and seemed confused most of the time. He disappeared for long periods of time.

I have to say, Disney service in general has dropped in the last 10 years. This includes the parks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank maryann b
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I am going to provide a different review being a teen. I had a blast with my parents and younger brother. We stayed in a theme park view room. Upon check-in we were put in a "dormer room". Avoid them! The balcony had room for a max of 2 people and the room itself was small. However we went to the lobby and asked for a room change. They were very apologetic and attentive. We were put in another room and were very satisfied, it had a bigger balcony and room then the rest. The hotel doesn't offer incredible views but still awesome ones. We rent a car at the airport and find it easier that Disney transport. We did enjoy the monorail at the hotel. This hotel is very nice and the slide and pool are sick! We try to stay at a different resort everytime we come but we would come back. The people there were very helpful in printing our plane tickets home. It's a teen's paradise, the rents enjoyed it too

Room Tip: "Dormer rooms" on the top floor are smaller
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank TylerTeen
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The rooms were dingy and needed to be done over. We also stayed in three different rooms over two nights due to mechanical malfunctions(toilet overflowed and day bed did not work) in the first two rooms. This ruined our stay due to the mechanical malfunction stopped my 3 children under 6 from napping both days. The always poor Disney service shinned through. The bellmen that moved our luggage three time was the only one who really expressed any compassion for our situation by not accepting tips for our last two moves.
The karma part of the trip was when we were waiting at the tram terminal to the Poly and the general manager asked my 4 year old son what he remembered most about his 1st time at Disney = "You made my grandmother cry and I missed my naps". It was awesome he was mortified and we got on our tram and went to breakfast and other patrons felt so bad for us for the whole tram ride but the GM was speechless and did nothing.
Pool area was great, kids had a good time and it was nice to be able to shower before we got on the plane to go home.We had a late flight and checked out but stayed many hours after check out. good room size for a family of 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the boat dock if the Magic Kingdom is your primary destination. It is farth...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family