We have stayed in Disney before and usually stay on the monorail near MK, but since my kids are a little older now (8 and 11) I thought we could try something different. I debated a lot between the yacht club and animal kingdom lodge and settled on the yacht club. I think the location and pool make it a great choice. We spent alot of time at Epcot and Hollywood studios and being able to walk to both parks was awesome. Epcot is 5 minutes to get to a back entrance near "France" and Hollywood Studios is about 15 minutes. Or you can take a boat to either. MK or Animal Kingdom you have to do the buses and personally I found them so slow that we alternated between the buses and taxis.
Pool is awesome. Doing a little construction on it while we were there but my kids loved it. Also loved the whole boardwalk that was right there. People were jogging, you can rent bikes, and there are restaurants and shops to check out.... We could have spent a couple of days just hanging out around there.
We paid for the lagoon view room which was a food size, but we were a little disappointed in the construction going on outside our window. They are refurbishing the outside of the hotel so if you are going to the hotel soon ask about that. It was a lovely view out to the water and of the boardwalk but not so much with cranes in the way. Also it was noisy starting at about 8am. Again, this doesn't seem like a big project that they are doing, just some painting and stuff, it was just kind of a bummer. It was nice to see the Epcot fireworks from the balcony, but I'm not sure I would pay for that view again because you are never in the room anyway.
We had dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and that hotel was really impressive in a grand, Disney kind of way. Very different from the lobby of the Yacht Club. But the location of the yacht club was just perfect for our family. I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort