The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This hotel is neat and clean. The rooms are very quiet. The pool is big and heated. The restaurant was good for breakfast and lunch and the employees were very accommodating.. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel. Starbucks is attached to the hotel, too.Hotel staff not necessarily friendly but got the job done. Nice place to stay for the price and location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 24 April 2012

After a long morning I arrived for business...friendly staff where?????? First the lady at the front desk gives me a hard time with my company credit card (because the credit card was under a company name and not under my name???) I always used this credit card and NEVER had a difficulty before it was very awkward. She never apologizes. Finally Marcos come to me and solves the inconvenience, but not too friendly either.
It is very convenient to be located in above the Florida Mall of Orlando. I can compare because it was my 6th or 7th time to stay in Orlando in the recent 2 years. This hotel is NOT WORTHY there are many other options for this price. I can say it. I PAID $400 FOR TWO NIGHTS after fees and hidden charges with the internet special??????
I would NOT return there anymore. The pillows dot not had a cover so they have un-pleasure smell; Wi-Fi has a poor speed; the machines at the fitness center are rusty; sheets are old ……..
Do not reserve here make you homework and have a better “Bang for Your Buck” THIS PLACE IS NOT WORTHY

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jodica729Aventura
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that your experience was tarnished from the beginning due to the credit card issues. Please accept my apologies for any behavior that was less than hospitable in resolving the card situation.

I have attempted to contact you directly with the hopes of rebuilding this relationship, and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Keith E. Wolling, CHA
Executive Vice President/General Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel has everything you need wether young or old. Spent a week here with my husband and it's a great base if you have a car. The hotel is always busy and is adjoined to the Florida mall. Shopaholics will love this hotel as its adjoined to the mall. Very good breakfast and great value for money. The mall has a food court and there are lots of restaurants surrounding the hotel so you do not have to eat in the hotel if you do not want to. Staff were very friendly and happy to help wherever possible. Rooms are not the most modern but are clean.

Room Tip: For a better view ask for rooms looking over he front of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roxy009
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am a Florida resident with many years of visits to Orlando from my home in NE Florida. The Florida Hotel was a nice departure from the usual tourist hotels in Orlando. It was convenient, quiet, secure, with a full service Starbucks in the lobby. I enjoyed being able to have access to great shops in the Florida Mall such as Nordstrom and the Apple Store, all connected to the hotel by walking out of the lobby, into the mall. I will stay there again on my travels through Orlando.

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a quiet room as the hotel was full, w/volley ball teams & weddings plus...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2012

For the past three years, we have stayed here because of the great customer service, cleanliness of the rooms and the location of the hotel. Whenever we visit Orlando, The Florida Hotel and Conference Center is where we want to stay. Up to this point, we have not had a problem with our planned dates. We always reserve our room online. When we arrive at the hotel we are greeted by customer-oriented individuals who are always cheerful, pleasant and helpful. The rooms have always been clean, tidy and worth the stay. We also enjoy having the mall in such close proximity. We can play all day and still return to the hotel and do some shopping or grab a bite to eat if we want. We love The Florida Hotel and Conference Center!! Thanks to all of the staff that have made our stay well worth it!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family