Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
Ranked #233 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed 2 nights in October and enjoyed the stay. Staff was super friendly. Loved the jaccuzi.

Convienient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Medic2430
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I enjoyed a 5 night stay with a friend at the Holiday Inn Express in Ocoee Florida. I was there to visit with relatives and go to Halloween Horror at Universal. I picked this Hotel for the location mainly. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful & we enjoyed the free breakfast every morning. The Hotel is located behind Logan's Roadhouse. I would recommend stopping at Logan's. It is a peanut bar & restaurant. Yes the shells are thrown on the floor! My next visit to Ocoee I would stay at this Hotel again. The pool is nice and they also provide computers in lobby for your convenience. When having breakfast check out the pancake maker! The price is right too!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Great Time at this hotel. The Free Breakfast was sooo good! Loved the pancake machine and the scrambled eggs. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable! Logan's Roadhouse was just across the street. Would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lots2See4Me
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I travelled to Orlando to have spine surgery, this hotel was close to hospital and convenient. I reserved 2 weeks of time at this hotel to allow for pre and post surgery recovery. During my stay the staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and service was pretty good. One look at the breakfast buffet and I grabbed an OJ and headed off site to eat. The morning Of surgery I requested a 5:30 am wake up call which was never received. Luckily I had a back up alarm.
Recovery was quicker then expected, and I informed the front desk that I would be leaving earlier then expected. Keilee stated that that it would be no problem since i was on a day to day bases. I did leave the hotel 1 week earlier then originally intended. This is when the problems started. Keilee now informed me that since I reserved this hotel "online"that I was not entitled to a refund or credit for the remained of my stay saying there are "restrictions". The manager supposedly confirmed this via phone conversation with Keilee and other staff. The manager never spoke to me. Reviewing my confirmation found no language indicating that changes were not allowed. Upon returning home I tried to contact the manager, instead of the staff taking a message and my number the instructed me to try and call back.
My next step will be to contact the corporate office and VISA.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Dalea_11
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The reviews on this hotel are statistically dead-on. Lot's of good things, but your's could be the one stay that has that bad experience, becuase customer service is not a #1 priority here. They are churning tourists, so it's hard for them to stay focused, I guess.
First, the "do not disturb" sign was ignored, and the cleanig crew came into the room. They left me a gift of an opened toilet seat and urine in my toilet that the cleaning manager tried to excuse as "the color of their cleaning solution". REALLY??? You're going to choose to clean toilets with a pale yellow cleanig solution? At best that is a very poor choice, but he should have mentioned that their yellow cleaning solution also smelled EXACTLY like urine.
They offered to change the room but at 10:30 with a 4:30 wake-up, that is not exactly compensatory. Best they could do was offer a 10% discount after AFTER they ensured that I was a reward customer and rated as a high-volume rewards customer. Com'on....REALLY??? if I'm not a rewards customer, peeing in my toilet is OK?
Then, well, my bad, I left a business jacket. They would be happy to mail it to me, but I must mail them a postage paid box for them to ship it in, becuase they do not ship. What? a hotel that does not use any shipping or postal services? Where am I? in the Condo? I get paying for the shipping, but can I make it any more convenient for you? Would you like for me to have Stabucks bring you coffee that morning too?
The hotel is NEW, and I would love to be able to say it's clean....probably is, less the foriegn urine in my toilet. Staying at this hotel is a risk. The price was good, but, as reviews imply, if you care at all about where you lay your head, try to find a better stay at this tourist town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Orlando West
#241 of 339 in Orlando
Edgewater Hotel
#1 of 5 in Winter Garden
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK