“We had such a blast!!”

Ranked #165 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
PC
“We had such a blast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had a wonderful time and your property is beautiful! From the very second we walked into the lobby your staff was nothing but amazing and hospitable. They answered any and all questions quite thoroughly. Had an extra toothbrush for the member of our party who had forgotten us and even called us a cab for our crazy night out at Universal City Walk. They'll remember us from our walk into the lobby on our way out to dinner dressed in full on neon and looking like we had just stepped out of music video circa 1983. We loved how close we were Universal and how cheap the cab ride was.

The next morning I was woken by husband who was home and needed to go to the ER. I had his insurance card and credit card. The front desk made me photo copies of the cards quickly and without a question. I had a bit of trouble in the business center. I couldn't get a fax out. A wonderful gentleman helped me by quickly taking my fax to his office and sending it personally to the Dr so that my husband could be treated. I can't thank your staff enough for all of their help.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is very spacious and allows you to spread out with your party quite comfortably.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Hotel is very clean, rooms were big and spacious and beds were extremely comfortable. Loved that the TGI Fridays was accessible through the main lobby. Pool was clean and really enjoyed using it. Considering it is so close to Universal Resort, I was please that there was no parking fees. I had previously called about getting a wheel chair accessible room for my grandmother and aunt who was meeting me in Orlando for my trip. There wasn't any available but they assigned her room on the first floor and I really appreciated that and she did as well!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel is clean, safe, decent size rooms and had a really good free coffee maker in the room. Also the hotel has a TGI Fridays which joins on to the main lobby so is very convenient for breakfast or late night dinners after a big day at the parks.

The best thing about the hotel is that it's walking distance (about 10 minutes away) from Universal Studios and The Islands of Adventure. If that's too far then you can always get a taxi that will only set you back around $6 and save you the effort of walking.

My only complaint was that I booked an paid for a King size bed and balcony on expedia and when I checked in they instead gave me a room with 2 double beds and no balcony. Still I wasn't there to sleep and sit on the balcony I was there to do theme parks and this provided the perfect base to do just that.

If staying here make sure you check out Busch Gardens. It's about 90 minutes away from Orlando in Tampa Bay but Busch Gardens provides a free shuttle bus that picks you up from Universal Studios and drops you off at Busch Gardens and also the bus returns you to Universal at the end of the day... best park about the shuttle it's totally free with your park admission ticket!

Room Tip: watch out for dodgy pizza menus that get slid under your hotel door.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lukey B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

After having a bad experience at The Westgate Lake Resort, this was a welcomed surprise! We didn't stay at the other resort, because it was nasty! We checked out & rode around to find something or the night! It was 5:45am & they allowed us to check in & didn't charge us extra, because it was so late/early. It was suppose to be a charge for Saturday night! That was so Awesome! We were so tire & ready to sleep! I'm use to 4 & 5 star hotels & I actually didn't mind staying there! We ad a 2bedroom suite with a kitchenette with a large seating area! It was very CLEAN & updated! The bathroom was small, but who cares! Shower/toilet was clean. The lobby was really nice! We you walk in, you think you're at a 4/5 star hotel! It was a small problem with housekeeping. We would ask for extra towels & the lady would get an attitude & give me 2. I asked for Kleenex, tissue, paper towel & bags. She would give me 1& I would say, it's a 2 bdrm, duh! I would go take what we needed off the cart! The one housekeeper was excellent, she was very generous! That was the ony issue. I would recommend this hotel! Staff was very helpful & nice! The judge it by a Holiday Inn. I enjoyed my stay! I'm an extreme neat freak & I did ok, because it was very lean! I was thanking Jesus, after our bad experience at Westgate Lake Resort! Don't stay there, stay at The Holiday Inn at Universal! My kids enjoyed the pool! They gave free vocher's for breakfast at the Fridays that was attached! We didn't take advantage of that, because we to up late everyday. I would stay there again!!,

• Stayed April 2012
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

You can't get any closer to Universal Studios without paying the exorbitant on-site fees. You can literally walk to the parks if you're fit. It's the walking back after a long day of theme parking that would deter the walking bit. Free transportation is available but do be sure to book it with the Guest Services Desk.
Hotel has a TGIFriday's attached that provides roomservice and reasonably priced food and drink.
Parking and Internet are included in hotel stay - these are services we particularly look for these days as those surcharges can add up to $50 a day to some hotel stays!!!
We had an 'incident' - came home from long day and found rug wet. A little investigation revealed a leak in the bathroom ceiling that appeared to be coming from room above us. The call to the front desk was immediately answered and there was someone at our door within two minutes (no exaggeration). It took them just a few minutes longer to have a look and they asked for patience while they went to get a cart and moved us to a suite on the same floor.
The regular room was just fine for two friends traveling. It had small fridge and coffee maker. The one bedroom suite we were moved to would have been fine for a small family as it had a larger kitchenette with bigger fridge and dishware. It also had the bathroom sink outside the toilet/shower which is always a help with there are more than two people trying to get ready for a day of parks.
Since we had only three days, we didn't use the pool but it looked quite tidy.
This hotel underwent some renovations recently. Some of the infrastructure is still showing some age but the new beds and linens were very comfortable and for the most part very quiet.
I consider this one a good value. I also commend the staff for their quick and courteous response to the leak crisis.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends