You can't get any closer to Universal Studios without paying the exorbitant on-site fees. You can literally walk to the parks if you're fit. It's the walking back after a long day of theme parking that would deter the walking bit. Free transportation is available but do be sure to book it with the Guest Services Desk.
Hotel has a TGIFriday's attached that provides roomservice and reasonably priced food and drink.
Parking and Internet are included in hotel stay - these are services we particularly look for these days as those surcharges can add up to $50 a day to some hotel stays!!!
We had an 'incident' - came home from long day and found rug wet. A little investigation revealed a leak in the bathroom ceiling that appeared to be coming from room above us. The call to the front desk was immediately answered and there was someone at our door within two minutes (no exaggeration). It took them just a few minutes longer to have a look and they asked for patience while they went to get a cart and moved us to a suite on the same floor.
The regular room was just fine for two friends traveling. It had small fridge and coffee maker. The one bedroom suite we were moved to would have been fine for a small family as it had a larger kitchenette with bigger fridge and dishware. It also had the bathroom sink outside the toilet/shower which is always a help with there are more than two people trying to get ready for a day of parks.
Since we had only three days, we didn't use the pool but it looked quite tidy.
This hotel underwent some renovations recently. Some of the infrastructure is still showing some age but the new beds and linens were very comfortable and for the most part very quiet.
I consider this one a good value. I also commend the staff for their quick and courteous response to the leak crisis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando