My family spent most of our week in Orlando at this hotel. The room prices are reasonable for its location. The place looks nice and neat and well maintained. It's hard to remember that this is a Holiday Inn. The building dimensions seemed like an older Holiday Inn, but the decor was newer --though I did not like the brown with green color scheme. The standard room available in the vast majority of the building is two double beds which were firm and comfortable (at least mine was). My room had a microwave and minifridge. The bathroom was very small, and it was difficult keeping it filled with the proper amount of towels. We had to go down daily and request more towels. The room, however, is larger than most for this type of room. So, we could bring in a roll away bed for $10 per night since my kids cannot share a double bed well yet we still had plenty of room to walk around. Holday Inn even included enough chairs in the room for four people to sit at once. Free in-room WiFi was welcomed. Coffee is only available in the hotel rooms, and food of any type is only available from the TGI Fridays attached to the building. This Fridays was almost always open to accomodate the park-going crowds.
The pool is not as big as the on-line pictures want you to believe, but one end of the pool goes to 8 feet 6 inches deep which makes it more fun for the older kids to play in. The pool area could use more lounge chairs and umbrellad tables. But the pool was my kids' favorite part of the hotel since they made friends there. The hotel is situated so you can walk to the Universal Orlando parks, and we saw may people take the walk across the street to do so. A hotel shuttle consisting of a Ford van is available for use too, but you must reserve your seats for the busy parks' opening and closing times. We drove to the parks since we needed to be in line for Harry Potter before 7 am!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando