This hotel is across from the entrance to universal. Like the other reviews say, it's a 15 minute walk to the entrance of universal city walk. The hotel shuttles fill up fast, so if you can't get on the shuttle, be prepared to walk or drive your car and pay to $15 to park. This hotel isn't near anything else so again, be prepared to drive for food, drinks, entertainment etc. TGIF FRIDAYS is on site but that's your only Food option.
The rooms have been refreshed and the suite we have is nice. Two double beds in the bedroom with a closet and tv. We are staying in a handicapped accessible room, so the bathroom has a large shower/no tub. Unfortunately, the shower curtain does not touch the floor so each time you shower the entire bathroom floor gets wet. The living room/kitchenette is good for our needs, though not enough dishware if a whole family were to eat a meal in the room, and no dining table either.
The pool is just ok too. Its been renovated recently with a nice arbor that will eventually have mature plants on it to provide shade. It's not really a great place to hang out. No hot tub, to tiki bar (and Fridays a walk through the hotel.) not a lot of seating and only 4 umbrellas for shade. There is a fenced in splash pool for little kids, which is great if that's who your traveling with.
Other info: There's a small arcade for kids, and a gift shop that has most essentials. You can buy universal tickets on site, budget rental is on site also. The onside laundry is convenient and costs $2 each load. You can also get information about holiday inn vacation club, which has timeshares in nearby Kissimmee ( orange lake resort-it's fabulous! We were unable to get a room there this trip and we are really missing it.). The staff here are very friendly and the common areas as well as the rooms are very clean. Overall, a nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando