“Improved, but add $20 a day to rate for parking and resort fee and be CAREFULL PARKING!”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #201 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at the property at least 8 times in last 3 years for both business and personal trips (Gold/Platinum Starwoodee). I chose it for price and location in the past. Last week I stayed for the first time since renovations have been completed. The improvements in the lobby, restaurant, lounge, swimming pool, pool bar and cabanas are awesome! They are modern improvements and gave me a feeling of upscale luxury hotel. The staff was good as usual. The big problem PARKING! They have added the feature of valet parking and gated the parking area resulting in a $10 self-parking fee. Absurd for a p-lot that provides no protection or security and floods during common rain showers. This most absurd and common scam by hotel owners has created a very dangerous condition for guests and I think liability for the hotel. Once a guest self-parks by entering the key-controlled gate; the only exit is a key-controlled gate onto a very busy road, S. Apopka-Vineland Rd 535. In order to return to the front of the hotel a guest must navigate across speeding traffic on the heavily traveled road in order to turn back into the hotel to reach the front desk. Previously, you could return via the parking lot. This is very dangerous and it added 10+ minutes to each outing for our group. I mentioned it to the front desk and valet but I was dismissed. I hope no one gets hurt before they realize the danger of this $10.00 a day squeeze charge. Also, the new resort fee is a little bit of a joke, since I never saw a newspaper and didn't use the small gym, the pool or phone system. However, if the management didn't charge everyone a resort fee then the cost would probably be prohibitive for the people using these services. If the rates stay competitive when I add the extra $20 per day then I will probably return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Good affordable food in a sport pub setting is across street at the Ale House.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank redman33
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Voorheesville, NY
Reviewed 23 April 2012

All the staff treat you like you are special and were very responsive to our needs. There are about 6 pools. Two major ones where all the kids and familiies stay and then smaller pools that are quieter and more relaxing. Also, there was a lot to do at the resort if you didn't want to leave including activities and different places to eat.
The suite is large...about 1100 square feet. The two bedrooms and the large living area allowed everyone a little privacy and peace and quiet when needed. I would definitely stay here again. It was a very relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but was still not 100% convinced. I have to say I was glad I did. The hotel was far better than expected. The pool area with its outdoor bar was perfect for relaxing after a long day at the parks and the sofas and chairs around the pool was a great plus. They also had a nice fire pit that was perfect to sit around on those cool nights. The hotel staff was exceptional. I asked for directions to a local area and was given a map quest sheet with all the info, which was far better than the written directions from the past. The hotel room was larger than expected , updated and very clean. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Room with a pool view had a balcony with 2 chairs and a small table, great to watch the sun come up...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We picked this place due to it's location and other reviews saying that it had been recently renovated. Besides the flat screen in the room, I'm not seeing the renovation. No screens on the balcony windows. Very loud air conditioner unit. Stains on floors. Dirty bathroom. Housekeeping failing to vacuum while we were out. 'hot' water for shower was Luke warm at the hottest. Don't get suckered in by the free Disney shuttle either. Pickups are not there when the park closes and for what you pay for tickets, why would you leave early? Unless you want to waste some time, you should just drive. The only redeeming thing was that the bed wasn't all too bad as far as comfort goes, too bad the maids don't know how to make the beds too well. We left early and found a place up the street for a newer place, free breakfast, and clean for the same price.

• Stayed April 2012
crown point, indiana
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel because we wanted somewhere with an awesome pool area, and the ones inside the park with nice pools were either too expensive or booked up. After my friends told me how nice and easy it is to stay inside the park, we would definitely stay inside the park next time. The pool area was really nice, however, the deep pool is really cold, so you really have to psych yourself up to go in it. The water slide is good for school age kids. My biggest complaint is that the day after we went to Disney, we were so exhausted we decided to go to bed early, about 9pm. That night probably every spring breaker in Orlando showed up to swim at the pool. It was so loud, I felt like they were in the room with us. Luckily, the kids had a fold out bed in the other room so we could shut the door, but I was up until the pool closed at 11pm, counting the minutes until they kicked everyone out of the pool. It didn't happen again the next night, thank God, because by the next night we were REALLY tired. I don't think they put any of those people in our building, because our building was really quiet. The staff was really friendly. We got food from the poolside bar one day, the food was really good, but was expensive, took a long time, and the girl screwed up several things we ordered. Overall, would stay inside the park next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family