“Week Conference Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton
“Week Conference Stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Wow, this hotel exceeded my expectations for a hotel on the conference list for the Microsoft TechEd 2012 conference. Everything about this hotel was top notch.
Beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious. 10945 was my room in the old tower. I'll assume the '45 series are on the corner facing north with a view downtown Orlando so getting any one of those gives you a pretty decent view.

The pool with the grotto always had room for a chair even when busy. I did not have a chance to try the old pool. The b-line diner has great food, the Eggs Benedict were perfect unlike most places that muck them up. The Rock bar has great service and good wine.

Overall the stay was for business so didn't really get a chance to explore the whole hotel.

Room Tip: 10945 and any '94 series are a corner room with two window views
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear ShaunEdm:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us while attending your conference and hope your future includes a return stay so that you may experience more of hotel’s services and amenities.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was my fifth time to Orlando but my first time staying in the Peabody (first time in any 5 star in orlando) as I normally stay in the Enclave. Got a rate of €87 per night on Hyhohotels.com so I decided to go for it. It was out of this world - Its a massive hotel with a small hotel feeling. We got a lovely room and the staff were very friendly. Although this is more of a business hotel we still got a great holiday feeling from it. I will be going back there for a conference in sept and have already booked. The Spa is amazing - one of the best i have been in. I kept missing the ducks so I have no idea what that is like....I would highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure stays...Dermot.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for amazing views.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diarmuid C
Dear Dermot C:

I thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando in September. I am very happy to know that we created a small hotel feeling with friendly staff and that you had a chance to experience our amazing Spa services. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. For your next visit, you may want to consider being an Honorary Duck Master! Simply contact us in advance to see if we have an opening during your stay.

Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My wife and I needed a break, by the time I got home from work on Friday, there was no way we were driving to Miami like we had planned for the weekend. We decided to stay here, and it was perfect! We rented a cabana at the pool on Saturday, all day. The cabana had a TV and refrigerator, we stocked it with snacks and ordered mojitos, perfect. We ate at the italian restaurant at night, pricey, but worth it; all in all, my wife and I agree, this was the perfect place for a staycation.

Room Tip: Stay on the club level, breakfast and snacks are on the house.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Mike P:

Thank you for your business and your review Mike. I am very pleased The Peabody Orlando provided you with the respite you and your wife needed and look forward to serving you again when you plan your next staycation.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Went here for a business conference in September of 2011. I'm from Seattle so thought I had seen LARGE hotels but no sir, this place was huge.

The again after being in orlando for 4 days everything is larger than life. I liked the room and the staff was professional and very helpful about places to go etc for dinner.

It also had a world class fitness center which was one of the nicer I've seen or been to in a hotel.

I would also recommend to families. Cheers.

Room Tip: If you have trouble getting around and you are there for a conference ask for a room there those fac...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank supernova72
Dear supernova72:

Thank you for your recommendation to visit The Peabody Orlando. I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our facilities and services as I am very proud of our hotel and value our dedicated team of professionals. I look forward to the opportunity to host your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Loved this hotel and I have stayed in many. Staff is very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2012