This was a family trip. We decided last minute to hop in the car and take a ride to Orlando for a couple of days. We got a last minute deal so the hotel price was amazing for The Peabody. We have been to the Memphis Hotel but never actually stayed in the hotel.
When we arrived it was a little confusing on where the entrance to the hotel and main lobby was but a hotel employee noticed we were lost and showed us our way! Check in was quick and easy.
The Bell Hop helped with our bags and the Valet guys helped with the car parking. You can do self parking but apparently it is a long walk . . . long enough that they have a shuttle (long golf cart) to take you to and from the hotel. We chose Valet but it was $20 a day!!!! A Little pricey if you ask me but its The Peabody so I guess it is what it is.
When we arrived in our room it was perfect. The room was spacious and clean with big Queen beds :) The bathroom was nice especially with the TV in the Bathroom Mirror!
We quickly changed in to our swim suits and headed to the pool for some relaxation. The pool was amazing. There were two. We chose the one with the huge waterfall, bar, kids pool, slide and gigantic pool! Our son absolutely LOVED the pool. It is a beach like set up where you can just walk in, no stairs so that was super nice. The pool bar was also pretty good. We had an appetizer and some Adult beverages :)
The next morning we got up and my husband was completely lost . . . there was NO COFFEE POT in the room!!!! I dont think that I have ever been to a hotel without an in room coffee pot! So once we were all dressed we headed to the "coffee bar" place in the middle of the hotel. Of course, EVERYONE was there because they wanted their Mojo! There were only 2 girls working and it TOOK FOREVER! People were ordering breakfasts and frappiccino's. . . .it was forever. We skipped this the next morning due to the insane wait time.
The shops in the hotel were reasonable on somethings and insane for others. Everything in the Peabody is duck related. Even the ash trays in the waiting area of the Valet has duck prints.
The March of Ducks we did the second morning and it was cool. The ducks have to walk much further than the Ducks in Memphis! These ducks RUN too, so if you want to get a picture make sure you have a camera that doesn't pause or take its time to take because you will miss it! The ducks in Memphis waddle slowly so this is what we were expecting but these ducks hall some serious duck butt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Orlando offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, adventure through Orlando, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Orlando. What Makes a Seamless Stay: Spacious rooms: 1,639 guestrooms including 192 suites, with view and club level spaces available Meetings made easier: 315,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor and outdoor meeting space with 14 unique venues and a dedicated staff Location on International Drive: Situated across the street from the Orange County Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment Eclectic dining: Seven on-site restaurants, serving coastal Floridian fare, poolside snacks and cocktails, rustic Italian food and steaks, and much more Plenty of places to relax: Three tropical-inspired pools, a luxurious spa and salon, and a 24-hour gym with studio spaces and fitness classes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelsClick, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl