“Insane desserts, happy kids - wait time only 10 minutes for six people! (At noon... timing is everything!)”

The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
Ranked #29 of 170 Dessert in Orlando
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Description: Extraordinary foodstuffs await you at this new full-service restaurant, bar and confectionary at Universal CityWalk™. Delight your palate with fantastical fare including classic dishes like steak and seafood, and an all-day brunch featuring crepes and quiches, each with their own novel twist. Coffee and Chocolate Stout Chicken Wings, Chocolate Almond Bread and Chocolate Gnocchi are just a sample of the adventurously unique items available. Then, behold, as our chefs create culinary alchemy with gourmet chocolates and one-of-kind desserts right before your very eyes. Savor artisanal milkshakes with flavors such as Chocolate x5, Bacon Brittle and Red Velvet. Feast on sumptuous sundaes like S’mores, Salted Caramel Flan and Chocolate Brownie Bark. You can even purchase tasty mementos from the restaurant’s retail shop to enjoy at home.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My kids were drooling when they saw the place, and when we finally went for lunch and "something sweet", we weren't *quite* prepared for the chocolatey childhood fantasy playground that awaited us.

The food was good, I had a very tasty burger - and the kitchen and staff were accommodating when I asked them for some changes to the menu, and others in my party had things from the kids menu and salads. All good.

...but the food isn't why folks tend to go to this restaurant.

The desserts didn't disappoint, and my little one ordered a sundae which was roughly the size of her head. Bless her heart, her eyes are bigger than her stomach, and two men over fifty couldn't even help her finish this chocolate mountain. ... but the smile on her face was worth it. Amazing milkshakes, and the experience meeting the characters in the steampunk themed restaurant was lots of fun.

I recommend visiting, especially if you have a sweet tooth, but *do* try to visit during off hours, or you'll have a long wait.

Connie C, Guest Relations Manager at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience. We can’t wait for you to come back. See you soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had to wait an hour and 45 minutes for a table. The food was average. We ordered two appetizers, the chocolate bread and totchos. The bread wasn’t my thing and the totchos tasted like cheese tots from Sonic. My kids had typical chicken fingers with fries. My husband and I had hamburgers. The fries were dry and needed plenty of salt. The best thing we ordered were the dessert milkshakes. We had the brownie and chocolate milkshake. Both were very good but it took 25 minutes to get them.

Thank you for visiting for Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen and taking the time to share about your dining experience. I am disheartened that your experience was not all that you would have wanted. If you wouldn’t mind, would you please email me a copy of your review at cwguestservices@universalorlando.com. I would love to rectify the situation!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We only waited like 20 minutes, BUT, we went at 3:30ish, sooo that said, if you want to eat here and avoid the wait, don’t go during peak hours. We LOVED the food. Had the pork Milanese sandwich, very good, my hubby had the chicken mushroom risotto..soooo good. Then one of their decadent sundaes... brookies cookies and cream, couldn’t finish. Service was attentive and friendly, characters came by , that was pretty cool. Best food we had while visiting Universal area. Prices are similar to other places in that area, which are on high side. Very cool inside!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I mistakenly thought there was going to be a fun chocolate factory theme to this restaurant, but there wasn’t really. The menu choices were very boring and even though I enjoyed my Asian style chicken and kale salad I found it terribly overpriced. We stupidly then ordered one dessert each, and rather than telling us how huge they were, the waitress happily accepted the order. They were too big and too rich and left us feeling rather sick even though we couldn’t get through a third each. Will not be in a hurry to return.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We waited an hour and a half to be called only to be asked to wait again and than forgotten for another 30 minutes. They blamed it on the system but I think they just forgot about seating us. Dinner was delicious but service wasn’t great. I expected service to be better. We bought some macaroons and they were delish. So was the brownie chocolate shake. For the amount of money I spent. I would expect better service.