“Excellent”
Review of Frontera Cocina

Frontera Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Frontera Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Description: Now Open, Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs™ is the newest Mexican restaurant by six-time winner of the James Beard Foundation Award, Chef Rick Bayless. Frontera Cocina will delight friends, family and food-lovers with exciting flavors and a contemporary Mexican experience. Warm colors, an open kitchen and a lively atmosphere frame an inviting exploration of the many delights from our kitchen. Reservations are suggested. HOURS: Dining Room - Sunday – Saturday: 11 a.m. — 11 p.m., Bar - (Full Menu available until 11pm. Limited Food Menu after 11 pm) Sunday – Wednesday: 11 am — 11 pm Thursday– Saturday: 11 am — 1 am
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What more can be said, this meal and experience was excellent. Authentic Mexican food and cocktails. Can see Rick Bayless' influence in this restaurant as the food was top notch. We started with fresh Guacamole & Chips and salsa and cocktails. I had the Shrimp Mojo de Ajo which was absolutely delicious and my wife had grilled chicken and tacos which was also very good. If you like margaritas, try the Blood Orange Jalapeño one. It was the most complex yummy cocktail I have ever had. The atmosphere was cool also and the service was great. Highly recommend eating here.

FronteraCocina, Public Relations Manager at Frontera Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We appreciate the feedback and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The food was freshly and delicious. The waiter recommend a range of dishes including the guacamole and warm chips to start.

Inside there is a bar which does not require a reservation, we sat outside and watched the hustle and bustle.

We’re glad that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate your kind words and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

One of the best dining experiences at Disney I've ever had. My family has been to Disney about 8 times in the last 15 years or so. We dine out every night and this was our first time trying this restaurant. I have nothing bad to say whatsoever so I'll commence with the good.

1. Guacamole was awesome.
2. Queso Fundito=Amazing appetizer. Don't forget to drizzle the salsas on the cheese before you wrap it.
3. Margarita - One of the best I've ever had. Their fresh lime juice was perfect.
4. Premium Flight of Tequila - WOW! I've now been introduced to the best Tequila I have ever tried. Casa Dragonnes
5. Enchilada - My server recommeded a cheese/vegetable one since it was good friday and we weren't eating meat. It was very good.
6. Shrimp Entree - 5 other people got the shrimp entree and loved it.
7. Uriel - I might have saved the best for last. Seriously, I loved this guy. Frontera is very lucky to have a server who cares this much AND is a great salesman. He was very attentive the entire night and had a wonderful atttude. He also knew the menu inside and out along with a ton of knowledge on all the tequilas. My check was easily $100 or more higher because of his sales skills and it was all well worth it. I'll say it again, Uriel is a keeper!

Definitely make this place one of your stops in Disney!

It's so nice to read that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We got there at 11 am and were one of the first to be seated and served. This place has really amazing authentic Mexican food. My mother said she was only used to our local Mexican food eateries which aren't nearly as flavorful. I got the cochinita pibil- watch out for the spicy habanero sauce! My husband thoroughly enjoyed the carne asada entre.

My kids really enjoyed the kids quesadilla meals with rice and carrots.

My sister was caught off guard because the roasted cauliflower was perfumed with cilantro which she extremely dislikes. I loved it!

FronteraCocina, Public Relations Manager at Frontera Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review. We're glad that you enjoyed your experience, and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Sat at the bar, taking a shopping break, had a couple of drinks and an appetizer. Bartenders were great. A little pricey.

FronteraCocina, Front Office Manager at Frontera Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We're glad you enjoyed the service and hope to serve you again soon.