Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

More Info
from US$ 65.00
More Info
40,146 results
All reviews express pass islands of adventure harry potter simpsons ride diagon alley jimmy fallon both parks halloween horror nights rip ride rocket blues brothers love universal roller coaster city walk theme park hogwarts express park pass wait times
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021

I just expected more. Alot of waiting around, lack of staffing and over priced tickets for what you actually get. They wanted over $700 bucks for a cabana at Volcano Bay! The express passes were close to $150.00 bucks. They need to take lessons from Disney as they seem to have the crowd control down. City Walk was just a bunch of kids hanging out all night. Just Eh. It's been 15 years since my last visit and now I know why.

Date of experience: May 2021
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Hey there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review as we greatly appreciate it! I want to sincerely apologize for the experiences you described and for any disappointment as that is never how we want our Guests to feel. I will be sure that all of your feedback in regard to parkwide pricing and wait times is formally documented as well as passed along to the proper leadership teams. Do not hesitate to reach out to Guest Services at 407-224-4233, via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com, or through our Official Facebook Page with any additional feedback. Thanks!

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

This was my 4th trip with my daughter to Universal and unfortunately my most disappointing. Most of which had nothing to do with Covid restrictions. We stayed on-site at the Hard Rock and of course had the fast passes. At the time of our stay May 18-22 there was no housekeeping at all. All trash and used towels were left in the hallway and a phone call had to be made for fresh towels. So walking down the hallway to dirty towels and trash wasn't the most pleasant experience.
Hotel aside my biggest complaints were the crowds and long lines for the rides and food. Fast passes were of course not available on the newer attractions, so 1 hour plus waits for those rides. Most other rides were about 1/2 the wait time. Most sit down restaurants in the park and at city walk had no walk up times and reservations were few and far between. Make sure you make them well ahead of time as there was limited seating. Take out at the food court at city walk was well over an hour. They were well under staffed (3 employees at Moe's) and the line was far out the door. The area was dirty and the trash was overflowing. It just appears as Universal is not prepared for the crowds they are letting in. I guess we just expected more for the money we spent. We love Universal, but I am very leary about coming back anytime soon.

2  Thank debp760

Hey there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review as we greatly value our Guest's feedback! I want to deeply apologize for the experiences you described and for any disappointment as that is never how we want our Guests to feel. We strive for our Guests to fully enjoy their visit and saddened to hear that this is not what you described. I will be sure that all of your feedback in regard to the hotel offerings and overall wait times is formally documented as well as passed along to the proper leadership teams. Please reach out to Guest Services at 407-224-4233, via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com, or through our Official Facebook Page with any additional feedback. Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Universal is one thing - Not Disney. Everything Disney does well Universal dues poorly. We arrived just before opening (9 AM) and exited our car in the marking deck. We were met with a line so long it went from security, all the way across 2 bridges and circled back on itself 4 times in the marking deck. After an hour we realized the line was not really being enforced and people were going around so we followed a small crowd up closer and still had another 1/2 hour wait to get in. There were NO employees helping to direct traffic or people. I asked an employee once we got through security and they simply said that they were not limiting the parks and that they were extremely short staffed. Only about 1/3 of the employees had been hired back but the crowds were overwhelming them.

The rest of the day went about the same. 1 hour for coffee. 1.5 hours to get food. We managed to ride ONE ride in 7 hours and finally left due to frustration.

Not much changes. If you have been before don't waste your time. For the first time Harry Potter fans its interesting to walk around and shop but good luck doing much. 90+ minutes to ride the hogwarts express.

They did have mask policies but no one was around to enforce them so what was the point? They had hand sanitizer stations but I did not find a single one with anything in it. They clearly care about $$ and not guests or employees. I won't be back and I'd take a Disney park (which were below capacity and a great experience for less $$) any day.

Date of experience: May 2021
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Hey there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review as we greatly appreciate our Guest's feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the experiences you described as that is never how we want our Guests to feel. We strive for our Guests to fully enjoy their visit with us and saddened to hear that this is not what you described. We have various safety measures and also saddened to hear that this is not what you described. I will be sure to take the time and formally document all of your feedback as well as pass it along to the proper leadership teams. Please reach out to Guest Services at 407-224-4233, via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com, or through our Official Facebook Page with any additional feedback. Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 May 2021

We spent 6 nights on site at Sapphire Falls as a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids age 5-14) with a 4 day park hopper pass. We did not get the express pass, but if you want to do rides and aren't there for four days, I don't know how you would experience this park without them. The early park admission didn't do much as only Universal Studios offered it during the days we were there. This ended up being the busiest times of Wizarding World throughout the day and the longest line at the gate. We did Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday to avoid the Saturday crowd. Sunday was the lightest day with regard to crowds.

The theme park did a great job of immersion in the lines and having a little something for everyone. If you are pregnant or are prone to motion sickness, you will struggle to find rides you can do. Our little ones loved Fieval's playland and Dr. Seuss Landing. They also enjoyed the Men in Black Ride. Our older kiddos, who were new to theme parks and coasters, enjoyed a varied array of rides and shows. Animal Antics show was ok- Indianapolis zoo has one similar but much better. Bourne Stuntactcular was amazing. The Ripsaw falls and Popeye's barge were a hoot.

Wizarding World was quite neat. So well done to every fine detail. Unfortunately, employees don't seem to get that memo and ruin the "magic" a bit. Gringotts and Hagrid's were amazing rides. Worth the wait. We found Gringotts rarely had a line around 10am after the initial early entrance arrivals went through. Hagrid's line went down the lowest around noon (45 minutes).

We had a lovely time and it was a memorable vacation. Here are a few things to keep in mind or I wish Universal would improve on:

--I don't think I encountered any "above and beyond" employees. Most seemed annoyed that guests were in the park. I felt like a stone in their shoe rather than a guest. It was a rare occurrence to get a friendly wave as we entered or left a line.

--Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks was absolutely horrendous (we had breakfast tickets with our package). The girl's pancakes were stale as though they had sat for a couple hours under a heat lamp. It took almost 20 minutes after being seated for someone to come to our table and the place was mostly empty. My eggs were obviously some powdered version and were barely edible. Once the food was delivered, no one came by to refill drinks or ask us about our food. Thankfully, the food and experience at the Leaky Cauldron was 100% better.

--The "quick service" dining locations where you mobile ordered and they brought food to your table was incredibly slow- usually about a 45-60 minute wait for food. There was no way to order cups of water on the mobile device, and when we asked for it when the waiter brought our food they seemed quite put out by the request. Maybe this wait is normal, but it was unexpected for us. It was so hard to find water in the park and you always felt like you were the biggest annoyance when asking for it. Many of the freestyle machines (I had been told you could get water from for free) did not offer free water.

--I stood in quite a few lines where the employees were much more interested in talking to one another than interacting with guests. In one line, they were talking about how hammered they had gotten at a party over the weekend. Another kept complaining about how hot and tired they were to another employee and couldn't wait to go on break. These were just a couple of examples. It was as if the park guests were invisible.

--We went knowing the mask rules, followed them to the best of our ability, and were thankful for the ability to not wear them outside when not in line. However, the rules did not make any sense in some instances. The most aggressive employees about masks were on the Red Fish, Blue Fish ride. They would literally interrupt the whole ride and song when a kid's mask fell off in flight below their nose or they moved it down when it got wet. These kids are outside, in the air moving, and at least 15 feet apart from each other. Literally, there is essentially no risk or reason to have masks on in that environment- why interrupt the ride to yell at them? It was just annoying.

One way they did GREAT in the park as we got shut down twice on rides and they did a great job of making it right. Men in Black broke down while we were on it. They kept us all calm and escorted us out with laughter and smiles and a one-time express pass. We waited in line for over an hour for Hagrids when it broke down. They gave everyone in line an exclusive express pass that included coming back to Hagrid's to cut the line which was a tremendous blessing. We also had breakdown problems at Minions and again on Hagrid's when we actually rode it (delay after the devil's snare for a brief bit that was a little terrifying as we could hear the next riders above us and were afraid they'd drop on us!).

The Universal App worked pretty well, but the wait times were rarely accurate for rides. Sometimes it was half as long as it was listed, sometimes twice as long. We went to go to Shrek and when we arrived at the line it said 25 minutes. Throughout our LONG line it continued to say that. Nearly an hour later, we finally got in. We went to Gringotts for a 20 minute line- and there was literally no wait- we climbed right in a vehicle! Mobile ordering was easy- but it doesn't save time. Paying on the universal app was sketchy and it wasn't accepted at the quick food service at CityWalk.

If Universal could improve its staffing both from a quality and quantity perspective, it would really benefit the guest experience.

We had purchased the Harry Potter package- in all, not worth the extra cost.

1  Thank Jen S

Hey there Jen!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback on your recent visit with us! I am happy to hear you were able to hang out with us, but sincerely apologize for the experiences you described as that is never what we want our Guests to experience or to feel when visiting with us. We strive for our Guests to fully enjoy their time with us and saddened to hear that this is not what you described. We greatly value our Guest's feedback and I am taking the time now to ensure that all of your feedback is formally documented as well as passed along to the proper leadership teams. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to Guest Services at 407-224-4233 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thanks again Jen!

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

I'm literally standing in a line for the Hagrid thing that I scheduled a slot on using the app. They've packed as many people in the line as they possibly can and are harping at us (threatening to kick us out of line for having our masks off our noses so that we can breath.

1  Thank paulsD1822IK

Hey there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review as we greatly value our Guest's feedback. I want to deeply apologize for the experiences you described as that is never how we want our Guests to feel. We have various safety measures and saddened to hear about the experiences you described and appreciate your extended cooperation during these times. I will be sure your feedback is passed along and do not hesitate to reach out to Guest Services with any additional feedback at 407-224-4233 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thanks!