“TOO Much”

Ranked #8 of 457 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

OMG - I knew it was going to be crowded but I was not expecting that. Park needs to install more spray fans and areas to sit in shade. Next time we come, it will NOT be in the peak time, LOL

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. Please be assured that Universal Orlando Resort does not condone the conditions you described. While we are proud of the popularity of our resort, we would never place this popularity above the comfort, safety, and enjoyment of our Guests. I definitely suggest visiting during our times that aren't as busy due to holidays like spring break. I hope we see you back in the parks soon!

- Molly

in 1,484 reviews
"wait times"
in 763 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited Disney and universal and hated universal although the rides are awesome the operation and organisation is slow and things aren’t as well thought out so you spend loads of time waiting around needlessly

After a day at universal my daughter got poorly as there is less shaded areas and just generally having to wait around longer for everything meant you were exposed to the sun a lot more

They are denied me disability accesses with one shoe fits all approach which meant I had to struggle where as Disney have been absolutely amazing

I wouldn’t recommend universal with young children

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello Preya,
I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had in our parks. Please be assured this is not the type of experience we want our Guests to have. Our primary concern is for the safety of our Guests and it is our intent to entertain as many Guests as our attractions can safely accommodate, and most of our rides, shows, restaurants, and shops are accessible to all of our Guests. I apologize that your daughter wasn't able to fully enjoy her experience in the parks as well, we do have areas designated for younger kids to enjoy in all of our parks. I strongly encourage you to give our Guest Services team a call to talk about your visit some more. You can contact them at 407-224-4233 option 4 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you,
-Lissette

Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you have recently visited Disney, you may be disappointed with this park. For the cost and crowds, you will get a much better value at Disney. We paid $149 above the ticket price we paid for an express pass unlimited. This should have decreased wait times considerably, but apparently the number of passes sold is not limited. We still had to wait over an hour for the Harry Potter ride even with the express pass unlimited. Also, we stayed in a Universal resort and still had to pay to park at the resort. The only benefit to staying at the resort was a shuttle to the parks, and an extra hour at Harry Potter, which we were not big fans so it was not a big draw for us. Also, communication is poor; it was difficult to try and figure out how everything worked with the crowds, which the park cannot handle very well.The rules for what you can and cannot wear/take on rides is very inconsistent. For example, I was made to put my cell phone in a locker for a ride, yet 4 people in front of me had phones and were taking pictures throughout the line. This was our first trip to Universal Studios since 2005 and we missed many of the themed movie rides and demonstrations and shows they had at Universal Studios. Also, you can cover the park in a day...not a lot to do.The food is very expensive and all our meals were cold, hamburgers/fries were not even warm. Keep expectations low when visiting! Next time, we will probably go back to Disney.

1  Thank PHILLIP T

Hi Phillip,
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit. This is not the experience we wish our Guests to have. We want our Guests to have the vacation of a lifetime, and I apologize this was not the case for you. I can understand your frustration with having to wait with Universal Express Passes, however, it is designed to reduce the amount of time you are waiting versus the regular queue. I also want to personally apologize about the miscommunication issues you experienced with our Team Members and the food disappointment. I would like to get more details from you about your visit. At your convenience, please call 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you for your honest review, I look forward to hearing from you.
-Michael

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Better experience than islands of adventure. We visited twice on in the daytime and the second in the evening. In the evening the queues where smaller. The fast pass system was much to be desired. Unless you have money to throw away I personally wouldn’t bother as some you join the normal queue halfway so don’t save much time. We had a 14day ticket which we only visited twice so we won’t be bothering again with that ticket. Beware that there are carnival type stalls that you have to pay for which can mount up.

1  Thank SDJJSK

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that you did not feel like you received good utilization of your Universal Express Pass. If you would like to discuss this further or provide any additional feedback please call 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I am happy to hear that you were still able to have a good experience and find Unviersal STudios Floria to be a good park. Thank you for your sharing your experience, I hope we get to host you again soon.
-Michael

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our first trip here and our last. We enjoyed the shows and movies however all the theme rides were simulated. We ate at the Monster Cafe and was very impressed by the food!! Very delicious, great portions and decent price. The park was very busy but the wait times were not long at all. It is a very long walk from parking lot to the park. We paid extra for better parking and it was well worth it! I would much prefer one of the Disney parks over Universal.

Hi Lanny,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our parks. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our shows and attractions. I am glad you enjoyed dining at Monsters Café! It is awesome when you are able to come on a day that is not too busy so you can experience everything our park has to offer. I hope you had a chance to see Universal's Horror Make-Up Show, it sounds like this would be something you would enjoy! The Premier parking is definitely worth getting for that shorter walk at the end of the day. We hope you chose us as your vacation destination again in the future.

- Molly