Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park
US$ 80
US$ 67
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskwafflespack and playroom was cleanfront entrancestaff was friendlymarriott chainvisiting familyhot tubhighly recommend this hoteleasy accesscoffee makershort drivewe've stayedking suiteice machinebrittany
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Over the last 3 years I’ve stayed at Mariott properties 680 nights. Last nights stay was terrible. The app shows hotel with hot tub-it is FILLED with concrete now. I called mariott about this and after 2 calls for over 35 minutes of being on hold, I was assured the manager would call me in the morning. No call. I called her and she basically said too bad for you because you stayed the night. DON’T ever stay there. It smells moldy and the manager was rude and unprofessional.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met, however the hot tub is not one of the amenities that are provided at this location. We hope that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we do offer, such as the 24 hour fitness center, complimentary hot buffet-style breakfast, and high-speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay, and we hope to have the opportunity to improve your experience next time.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

If I could give no stars I would. The afternoon before the hurricane we called reservations to book this hotel because we were just placed as a mandatory evacuation area. I asked reservations if pets were ok. I was told "Due to the hurricane pets are welcome." I called and confirmed before we left to drive 6 hours to this hotel. I was told yes, pets are welcome at this time. We get to the hotel and we were told pets are NOT welcome. They told us we could not stay. This put our family at risk because no other hotels were available. We needed to drive another 7 hours for shelter because every other hotel was booked. This was a horrible experience!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are not a pet friendly hotel and we are not in a position to accept any pets. We apologize for any misinformation regarding our pet policy which did not originate from this property. Please accept our sincere apology. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The Fairfield Inn in Orange Park is not even close to Marriott standards. We were traveling with our handicapped daughter and I made the reservation online and added the need for the rollaway which the website said they had. Then I called directly to the Marriott and specifically made sure verbally that we needed a rollaway bed. But when we went to the room it didn't have the bed. I called the front desk and was told they didn't have any rollaway beds. They were all taken. I tried to find another room in the motel we could use but they didn't have any rooms for 3. Then I made a reservation across the street to another Marriott hotel which did have a sleeper sofa. When we left they then said they found a rollaway bed but it was too late. My husband was told he had to wait to see the sub-manager the next morning. That sub manager was named Stephany and possibly was the manager but she was extremely argumentative, rude and did not tell the truth. We did not get one single penny refunded from our bill that was over $500.00. The Marriott Courtyard across the street was wonderful. The staff was very helpful and the motel was up to the Marriott standard. We had a wonderful stay there.

Room Tip: Go across the street and go to the Marriott Courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve our services. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and we apologize for your inconvenience. We do our best to ensure that each guest is taken care of during their stay, however each special request is based upon availability. Calling the property directly is a great way to check availability for additional items prior to your arrival. For your next visit I will be happy to take your reservation personally and see to it that you enjoy the same experience that so many of our guests are delighted by.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I had a reservation to stay at this hotel for this coming weekend. Then came Hurricane Irma. I understand that a natural disaster could not be predicted. However, I called the hotel for 2 days at least 15 times with NO answer at all. The phone literally rang and rang and rang and rang. I needed to cancel the reservation because GA, my home state, was hit with Tropical Storm Irma, and traveling conditions could not be guaranteed as being safe. Well, I was charged a $99 cancellation fee and I asked by email if the fee could be waived but have yet to get a response. I called the corporate office and was told that since I made my reservations through booking.com that there was nothing that Marriott could do but booking.com advised me to call the hotel which I had been and still am trying to do but still NO ANSWER. I went ahead and cancelled today to avoid being charged even more. This makes me so mad! I already hate that I have to cancel my trip but I'm still being charged for a night in the hotel due to the hotel's negligence to answer calls. I have stayed at lots of hotels and have always been pleased with Fairfield Inn but this is wrong. I asked the Marriott representative to check and see if the hotel was open and able to receive calls because I feared that the hotel may have been damaged by Irma and he claimed that his records show that the hotel is operational. Well, why isn't the phone being answered? I've sent emails, made calls, and am at my wits end. This feels like someone stole money from me. How could I cancel my reservation if I could not get through to the hotel to cancel it? I had no internet access from my home due to the storm and finally was able to return to work with internet access and electricity today. I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAD ANY CONTROL OVER!!! DO BETTER MARRIOTT, BOOKING.COM, AND FAIRFIELD INN JACKSONVILLE ORANGE PARK. And by the way, I'm on the phone right now trying to call and still NO ANSWER.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. As we pride ourselves on the service we deliver, you can imagine how surprised we are by your review. During this difficult time, we have all been affected this natural disaster. Unfortunately, this powerful storm completely knocked out our phone lines and we have not been able to receive a single call until the damage can be repaired. If you continue having difficulty contacting the property, we encourage you to call Marriott International Reservations. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Room smelled like mold and mildew, someone sprayed something to cover the smell which burnt our throats while sleeping. The tub was re-covered and slants to the center so that's where you stay when you take a shower. Front desk employee very nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Sir/Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. Please accept our apology for your inconvenience. We sincerely value your feedback, which we will use to improve your experience on your next visit.