All reviewsfront deskpleasant personwafflesroom was cleanpack and playmarriott chainstaff was friendlyneeded anythingvisiting familyhot tubhighly recommend this hoteleasy accesscoffee makerwe've stayedshort driveking suitelate check
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I had a reservation to stay at this hotel for this coming weekend. Then came Hurricane Irma. I understand that a natural disaster could not be predicted. However, I called the hotel for 2 days at least 15 times with NO answer at all. The phone literally rang and rang and rang and rang. I needed to cancel the reservation because GA, my home state, was hit with Tropical Storm Irma, and traveling conditions could not be guaranteed as being safe. Well, I was charged a $99 cancellation fee and I asked by email if the fee could be waived but have yet to get a response. I called the corporate office and was told that since I made my reservations through booking.com that there was nothing that Marriott could do but booking.com advised me to call the hotel which I had been and still am trying to do but still NO ANSWER. I went ahead and cancelled today to avoid being charged even more. This makes me so mad! I already hate that I have to cancel my trip but I'm still being charged for a night in the hotel due to the hotel's negligence to answer calls. I have stayed at lots of hotels and have always been pleased with Fairfield Inn but this is wrong. I asked the Marriott representative to check and see if the hotel was open and able to receive calls because I feared that the hotel may have been damaged by Irma and he claimed that his records show that the hotel is operational. Well, why isn't the phone being answered? I've sent emails, made calls, and am at my wits end. This feels like someone stole money from me. How could I cancel my reservation if I could not get through to the hotel to cancel it? I had no internet access from my home due to the storm and finally was able to return to work with internet access and electricity today. I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAD ANY CONTROL OVER!!! DO BETTER MARRIOTT, BOOKING.COM, AND FAIRFIELD INN JACKSONVILLE ORANGE PARK. And by the way, I'm on the phone right now trying to call and still NO ANSWER.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. As we pride ourselves on the service we deliver, you can imagine how surprised we are by your review. During this difficult time, we have all been affected this natural disaster. Unfortunately, this powerful storm completely knocked out our phone lines and we have not been able to receive a single call until the damage can be repaired. If you continue having difficulty contacting the property, we encourage you to call Marriott International Reservations. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Room smelled like mold and mildew, someone sprayed something to cover the smell which burnt our throats while sleeping. The tub was re-covered and slants to the center so that's where you stay when you take a shower. Front desk employee very nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Orange Park F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Sir/Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. Please accept our apology for your inconvenience. We sincerely value your feedback, which we will use to improve your experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

My little family was displaced from our home due to a flood and stayed with these fine folks in this comfortable, splendid hotel. We got to know the staff very well as we stayed here from end of April to first of August. We were treated with dignity and utmost respect. Our comfort and needs were the staff's priority. We were treated as family in our time of need and were even allowed to stay longer when our insurance company extended us due to slow renovations. We looked forward to breakfast every morning and impressed with its quality and quantity. It was always warm and just right. We never got tired of the different combinations. If you want to be treated with respect and your every need seen to, then you need to stay here!!!! It is the best place to stay!!! See Miss Stephanie, Brittney, April, Karen, Jean, and Sidney...they will all treat you right!

Room Tip: Perfect for those folks with disabilities. Rooms do a good job keeping noise out and fun inside.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel was relaxing, bed comfortable and breakfast was decent. Attended a wedding, requested to check-in early. The request was acknowledged and painless. Thanks to the check-in host/attendant for recommending 'The Loop', the best sandwich had in long time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I had stayed 2 years ago complained about ROACHES in the room.. Manager said it was due to renovations. I was not discounted my room rate was not given any kind of compensation. Now forward to 2017 one night stay still had roaches in the room. The remote control to the TV will not work unless I was standing up on the TV. The manager basically was like deal with it. And still no compensation

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bernetta M
Orange Park F, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Berneta,
Your feedback is extremely important to us and we are shocked as this hotel has different management and is a completely newly renovated. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We will share your feedback within the hotel. Thank you.