Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
eDreamsUS$ 290
Booking.comUS$ 290
HurbUS$ 301
All reviews front desk within walking distance in town oatmeal great place to stay very nice hotel small town lake okeechobee several times robert florida accommodations linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

This gets better and better. The General Manager will not call me back. Very Bad managed hotel. Long review but a must read before you stay at this hotel.
I would NEVER EVER stay at this hotel again and I would NEVER EVER step foot in that town again even though we have 2 great friends that live there. Let my tell you about my story from Saturday night (12.12). My husband and I were there for the Florida BBQ Award Banquet. The hotel had atleast 5 plus rooms reserved for the banquet with BBQ Teams. The sad part is I have absolutely NO clue why my husband and I were thrown out of the hotel at 2am by 3 Police Officers. The Night Auditor knocked on hour door 2-3 times. She wanted me to open the door but I said no because I had no clue who she was. She never stated who she was. She kept asking my full name for some odd reason. Then she came again, keep in mind my husband I are trying to sleep. Once again, quizzing me about my name and then said we were making too much noise. Unsure how when both of us were trying to go back to sleep. Then before you knew we gotten woken up by 3 Okeechobee Police Officers and pretty much thrown out of the hotel. No where to go and my husband and I were stuck sitting on the hotels front bench in my pajamas. We don't know If we were thrown out because my husband took a Dr Pepper and a candy bar from the pantry bar. He told the Night Auditor what room he was in (we have witnesses and watch your video) AND they took an incidentally deposit from me when I checked in. I worked in the hospitality business for 30 plus years as a District Manager and I have NEVER EVER treated my guests like this before. My husband and I were in Okeechobee to celebrate our 1st place win in the state of Florida for BBQ with our BBQ Family and this is how it ended. I will NEVER step foot in that town EVER again. The Police Officers should of known better not to throw us out on the streets. They know we were harmless but they still proceeded to escort us out of the hotel. For no reason at all. We are grown adults and all we were doing was trying to go to sleep and the Night Auditor kept harassing us by knocking on our door. It has been over 6 hours and still have not received a phone call from the GM. So sad getting thrown out of a hotel in the middle of the night in your pajamas with NO explanation. The Okeechobbe Police Officers couldn't even tell us why we had to leave.
Plus our room 203 was disgusting with marks and food stays on the walls throughout the room.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights while in Okeechobee. Room was nice and clean. The pool was awesome with very warm water. Very relaxing. Breakfast during Covid was not so great. Pre made breakfast sandwiches ☹️
Plenty of parking for large vehicles with trailers in the rear on a nice asphalt lot. The building needed a little TLC with water marks and mold on the outside of the building and in a few AC vents in the ceiling of the building. Other that that it was a great hotel with friendly staff. I would definitely stat here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Had to manually turn water on and off to be able to flush the toilet. Front Desk and maintenace dropped the ball. This was not a pleasent experience. Hotel was at full capacity so we had no choice but to deal with it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 21 February 2020

Hotel is easy to fine and has an Applebee's 100 feet away, that was the good part. We arrived early (1:30) and checked at the desk to see if the room was ready. The clerk ignored us standing there only I ask about our reservation. I am a Hilton Honors member and always request rooms away from the elevators. The clerk said the only room that was ready was next to the elevator. She said it would be about an hour for another room. We chose to wait. We came back at 3:30 and checked in and got a room right next to the elevator. Room had no fridge, no microwave, tub stopper would not hold water, and HVAC unit was off so the room was very warm. I went to the desk to ask about the room and was told, "that is all we have". We stayed the night and the room was quiet. Next morning on checkout I ask for a paper receipt. I got the you are bothering me eye roll from the clerk. She printed the receipt and laid it on the counter and walked away. We never were acknowledged as Hilton Honors members or offered the complimentary water you normally get. The hotel is also old and needs a lot of TLC to get it up to standards. There is a Holiday Inn Express is the town.

Room tip: High floor worked out and the elevator was not an issue even though we were close to it.
Date of stay: February 2020
Jennifer L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Thank you so much for your review, and for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value all guest feedback, both positive and negative, and use the feedback to continually improve customer satisfaction. I apologize for the shortcomings of our team. It doesn't sound like any of our front desk agents to ignore anyone so I will definitely look into that. We were extremely busy this past weekend and this week so I can assure you that you received the room furthest from the elevator that we had available for your stay. You were given the room type which you reserved which does not have a fridge or microwave. Unfortunately since we were so busy, there were no rooms to upgrade anyone. As of now, Hilton does not require rooms to have a fridge until after we receive our remodel, which we hope will be sooner than later. We do offer water to our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members who select that as their My Way preference. While we do offer water upon check-in to our Honors members, Blue and Silver members do not receive this benefit automatically. We do utilize your feedback and will see what we can do about the offering of the waters to all Hilton Honors members at check-in if possible. . I have shared your review with our hospitality team so that we can recognize the areas we are excelling as well as areas that need improvement. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2020

A little pricey but there are not many hotels in Okeechobee, Florida. Quite but not easy to get in and out of. Use the right side turn that circles the post office to get to red light to pull out. Very close to funeral home that we had to be on Wednesday morning at 8:00 am. Very friendly, courteous staff and many of them knew the deceased.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton