“great value for a family”

Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great value for a family”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stopover on a trip to South FL. It is very nicely decorated and family friendly. They have a beautiful outdoor pool area with a putting green and basketball court. The room was very large, and had plenty of room for our family of six (2 queen beds and a double pull out couch). The mattresses were OK, not the best, but adequate. The included breakfast was somewhat below average, although includes more than the usual make your own waffles (eggs, meats, potatoes). I was a little annoyed when they ran out of waffle batter with over 30 min left in the breakfast period and the staff member working the breakfast appeared irritated when I asked for more to make waffles for my kids. Otherwise, it was a nice place to stay and I would certainly go back.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms by the stairwell, the door slams very loudly.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sls711
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on way down to FMB, could not have had a better stay. The hotel is great for families, they have a small basketball court, putting green, hot tub, and a good sized pool. Everything is right there together so you can sit and watch the kids play while you relax.....the hotel provides the basketball and clubs for the putting green. The rooms were good sized, it is nice having a true 2 room suite where you can have a little separation and privacy. Elizabeth who is a housekeeper went out of her way to meet our needs for our room, she always had a smile on her face and was eager to help. The breakfast was good, they had eggs, sausage, waffle maker, corn flakes, muffins, and bagels, pretty standard for a free hotel breakfast, what set it apart was how stocked they kept it and how easy it was to find a place to sit even when they were busy. We travel 6 to 7 times a year to Florida and this homewood suites has jumped to the top of the list for a place to stay on the way down. We have stayed in Valdosta, Lake City, Ocala, and Brandon, I challenge anyone to find a better hotel along the highway. Thanks so much for a great 2 day break from the highway.

Room Tip: The 4th floor of the hotel has a few smoking rooms on it, I would avoid staying on the 4th floor if...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Only spent one night at this hotel recently but would have stayed longer if we'd had more time. Based on my 1 night's stay I report everything was really good and positive.

An advance booking would have been beneficial because we had to end up in a smoking studio room as this was the only room they had left.

The room facility were great and would have suited a family very well. The studio had a dishwasher, cooking facilities (plenty of plates etc), a microwave and a large fridge/freezer.

The 'free' breakfast was perfectly adequate and gets you off to a good start. The location is nice a quiet but near enough to a shopping mall and restaurants. There is a huge new Dilliards department store opposite which suited us. There is also a nice pool with relaxing chairs and a pleasant lounge area. Internet free in the room - great bonus.

The reception staff were very welcoming, friendly and so helpful.

Will return if in the area again.

Room Tip: book in advance to get a non-smoking room if that's your choice.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was a recent guest of your hotel with my business partner; we shared a two bedroom suite. We are looking to expand our company in your area and stay frequent with the Homewood brand. I am have to express how disappointed I was to hear when I checked in that the guest in front of me got a “special” key to a hospitality suite? The items that the front desk clerk said were not any standards I’m familiar with. I love this brand, but don’t like feeling second best or do any of my investors that are coming to that area. I am sending this letter in an email to my connections with Hilton in Memphis, I’m sure they would like to know of your “illegal” ways.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jarod G
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2012

2012 is my 3rd year staying at this property. I am in Ocala 3 months each year at Homewood. I have traveled 285 nights a year for the past 20 years so I have much experience in many hotel chains. The Homewood Suites Ocala is, hands down, tops on my list of places to stay, short or long term. It is delightful: clean, cared after, and very quiet and peaceful. The staff — front desk, housekeeping, kitchen, hospitality, management, maintenance — is reliable, friendly, genuine. Rooms are large, well designed and decorated, and very functional; the king bed is deliriously comfortable. A large, walk-in shower is much appreciated. A full-size refrigerator highlights the very useful kitchen section of the suite.
The hotel is conveniently just west of I-75 but in a quiet commercial/residential area set back off the main road. Very close and convenient to dining, shopping and many other services without being in the middle of the traffic and stress. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites Ocala.

Room Tip: North side/parking lot side rooms have more open views; south side/pool side rooms are quieter. One...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business