“I was wrong.”

La Hacienda Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I previously wrote a review about another Mexican restaurant in the Ocala area which I thought was wonderful but I have to admit, humbly, that I was wrong. After writing my review on the other establishment, I sat and read what other Tripadvisor people had to say about it. One of the reviewers wrote about La Hacienda Restaurant being the best in Ocala. I had to check this place out! After visiting now 5 times, each time ordering something different, I have to admit he was right. This place is amazing! I have had the fish tacos, shrimp tacos, cheese enchilada, chicken enchilada and chicken tamales. All of it was flavorful and delicious. Only problem I had was the tamales is they were heated up in the microwave, I believe. They were a bit dry but were very good otherwise. Service is always friendly, quick and the restaurant is always clean and packed with people each time we have gone. As I'm writing this review my mouth is watering. It IS VERY good. Thank you fellow Tripadvisor!!! Keep the reviews coming!

If you are a tamale lover. They serve both pork and chicken tamales. I was told they alternate weekends. FYI

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

La Hacienda is very unpretentious from the outside. Inside it is pleasant. The food portions are huge and the prices very reasonable. They serve chips and salsa with a meal order. Three salsas range from mild (the red one), to medium (the green one) to atomic. All were tasty. This is a beer and wine eatery. My steak and chicken fajitas were good and I brought half home. Other dishes ordered by the group were also good. The one failing was the taco salad. Very little lettuce and quite soupy, very little meat. I would return.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We visited with a group of 27 friends. Prior arrangements were made with Steve and Reina, the owners. They sat us all together and immediately were asked for our drink choices. The menu was extensive. Our server, Amanda, was great, always attentive to our requests and prompt in refilling our drinks. The food was great and plentiful. My wife and I will be back many times!

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Seriously my favorite restaurant in Ocala. Traditional, delicious and great variety menu. I didn't think these Mexican flavors were possible this far east of Texas! My husband loves their menudo and other soups and they can sell out on Sundays.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped hear on the way back from a Gator game. Food was excellent. I ordered 3 corn tortilla tacos with carnitas amd pastor. Great place! Don't miss out.