“Great”
Review of O'Malley's Alley

O'Malley's Alley
Ranked #188 of 511 Restaurants in Ocala
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Cool little place. Went in to check it out with friends for a little pick me up. So laid back a great place to unwind and relax. The oysters are super!!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

this is a bar and grill. this place will take you back to the 70's. to a time when you could walk in sit down, light a cigarette or cigar, have a drink , order a sandwich and listen to the music and commune with the bartender. it is all that. the bartender was excellent, the drinks are real and mixed perfectly, and the pastrami sandwich was top shelf. you have to experience this place. 5 stars.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This would be a cool little place if you could get past the smell of cigarette smoke. I had to wash all of my clothes when I got home...and I mean ALL of them. There is outside seating but it's cluttered and not maintained. Limited beer selection and not a great variety on the menu. I won't be going back.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

SOooo good that I had 2 dozen! Katie was great as a Bartender/Server to bring me my food out front to sit because the smoke is wicked in this place. I had my oysters steamed medium & they were nice size, tasty & had all the trimmings anyone would want. Again, Katie made the meal terrific! Many people rave about other places in Ocala, but now I have been reacquainted here I won't go anywhere else if I can get a little corner to eat without the horrible smoke outside. Katie suggested that the out-back Patio may also work & I will try it when it is open on Friday p.m. but I am worried that it will be filled with smokers. While I sat out-front on the little area by the sidewalk several other patrons declined to come in due to the smoke. I know the traditional "bar flies" love to smoke while they drink, but with food the majority of 2017 people don't want to eat & inhale those chemicals....just saying what we all already know. I realize this area is not up-to-education on the killing affects of smoke 1st hand & 2nd hand, but I so wish they were. This place could really do a much better business with their food AND drinks if they got on-board with Non-Smoking like the rest of the real World! Very old habits & drug addictions die hard..but they do die eventually!

7  Thank Muncha_Ocala
Reviewed 17 May 2017

While the fish dip was good....the oysters were the worse we have had---were mushy with no flavor. Suspect they had accidently gotten frozen. The bar tender recommended them...and when we complained on their quality...she shrugged it off. Also ordered premium drafts even though US lites were on happy hour prices. The beers, both New Castle and Samuel Adams tasted skunky...suspect they were past their expiration date.