“Was treated as a family member, a good friend, my room was clean, good service”

Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I'm a big traveler, I live in hotels that's why for me it is very important a room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I have to say I never got so close with any staff in two weeks- everybody treated me as a family, were very friendly, helpful. Meanwhile my 2 weeks stay in Golden Palms I've met amazing people from all over the world. Had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Golden Palms Inn & Suites

Reviewed 29 April 2012

What a terrific "find". As their in-house manual states:

"Strangers but once - friends and family - forever. While you are here may you let us become family and make you comfortable and happy as if you were in your own home".
What a pleasant change for the weary traveller.
This motel is true value and has an assortment of accommodations to suit your budget and your needs. There is NO DOUBT we will return spring and fall each year as we journey between southern Florida and our Canadian home. Service - Excellent, Comfort - Excellent - Cleanliness - Excellent! You won't regret giving Golden Palms a try - sure beats the humdrum chain motels.

Room Tip: You may choose from a wide variety of rooms - regular motel rooms with frig and microwave as well a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marleyandmike
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Golden Palms. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed F
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Golden Palms Inns and Suites in Ocala and found it to be one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The room was very pretty, comfortable, and clean. I thought that the staff were very friendly, knew the surrounding area, and were able to help me find places I wanted to visit. I will stay here whenever I come back to Ocala. It was not just a great hotel, but a great value as well.

Room Tip: Rooms faceing the pool have a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Judy P
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Having traveled all day, tired and in search of a hotel that was dog-friendly, we were told by a neighboring hotel (they were filled) that the Golden Palms was available and dog-friendly. Thought at $149.00 per night, it couldn't be a hell hole hotel. WRONG and wrong again! I should have followed my gut instinct when I went into the registration area. Signals; junky decorative ornaments setting around, maid at front desk rudely speaking to the clerk on duty, maintenance men in and out checking with the clerk. After paying for the room, we went to the room. We were mortified! The room smelled like a mixture of body functions and filth! There was some kind of critter crawling up the wall, and a cobweb that could have held a monkey! The bathroom tub was filthy, wouldn't even shower in it! The mattresses looked as though they had been picked up out of the dumpster, blanket that was ratty and one bed didn't even have a blanket. The table was junk, barely held together with some rickety legs and paint splattered all over it. Walked the dog, after going to the front desk asking for some disinfectant, reporting the critter on the wall, and asking for a blanket the "so-called" beautiful grounds looked like a war zone! The area was frightening. The landscaping was horrible! Everything was a total chaotic mess! I would sleep in my car before I would EVER stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple