“Be prepared to be charged extra! Hidden charges!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Palms Inn & Suites

Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Ocala
Ocala, Florida
“Be prepared to be charged extra! Hidden charges!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

June 24, 2011. We paid for 1st floor by the pool through Hotel.com. But what we got was an extra $15 a day to be on the 1st floor.(hidden charges) We were supposed to have a frig. and mirocrowave, but THERE WAS NOT ONE!! I had to buy a cooler. Saw a roach last night on our table. No hook on the door, my 4 yr old can get out the door, and pool is right by our room with unsecure latch on pool door. Pool is 9ft deep. My 4 yr old can walk out door and fall in pool easily. I had to ask for a table in the room which they brought to me. Pro: Staff is nice, room was clean. I will never refer this place to anyone though. When I spoke to staff about hidden charges they seemed angry at me. They blamed it on Hotel.com.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank carolxyz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

My first intention was to get a hotel with the coupons I had. What got my attention was the price(39.99) on the markie and the display that said hot breakfast. To get an upgrade from the standard room just to have a refrig and microwave, I had to pay $30 more. The room was small(Days Inn would have been bigger). Tried calling the front desk about 11pm, they only answered, after the 20th ring. Didn't find out until we were about to depart, that the hot breakfast was for the other upgrades. If I did get the other upgrades, I would have had to get a coupon from them and go to another hotel to get the breakfast. So, I spent $76, for no kind of breakfast. No, I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: No tip!
Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank djgalloway73

Travellers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

we were driving through during spring break and needed a place to stay. We checked in and very pleasently surprised. They have a pool which the kids enjoyed and we upgraded to the suites which were less then most hotel rooms in town but a lot more classier. the two kiddos had a blast and we rested wathcing movies. staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice. Would recommend to anyone wanting a break for a day or two.

Room Tip: upgrade to the suite
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
      Rooms
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

Beware; avoid the Golden Palms Inn at all costs. I'll need to bathe again to get the feel of this untrustworthy, money-gouging place off my skin. After arriving late and being promised late (11am) checkout, I was charged extra the next morning (at 10:55) because I couldn't prove (!!) I'd been promised late checkout. To gouge a few extra dollars out of me, the morning manager insisted I was a liar. Amazing.

Room Tip: Use another motel.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TomSchortz
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

Customer service was handled professionally. I recieved a room for a lesser amount than I was quoted previously by the representive who seemed at the time to be annoyed. the representivtive who I previoulsy dealt wit before for another time that i had occupied a room charged me the same amount as my last stay when the annoyed representive attempted to over charge me!!! Everything was fixed & handled professionally.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business