“Great Cuban sandwich!”

Mary's Cuban Kitchen and Bakery
Ranked #65 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

This is a really weird spot next to a gas station with no seating, but definitely worth a stop for a Cuban sandwich to go. Delicious and enormous - you will definitely not be hungry afterwards!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were on our way back from Disney World, and happily stopped at the exxon station for some gas, and spied this place. It looked more interesting than the other exit options, and it was. My husband and I ordered the #1- a half of a (huge) Cuban sandwich and a cup of the best black bean soup I've ever had. My 12 yo son had the steak sandwich and pronounced it awesome, and my youngest had the pizza empanada and wouldn't even give us a taste. Do yourself a favor and grab a bag of macaroons on your way out. Yum.

2  Thank ugeauxgirl
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped on our way back home from Ocala. Haven't enjoyed a really good Cuban sandwich for a long time. My husband and I shared one sandwich and a beef croqetta. Took guava pastries home for a later treat and enjoyed a cortadito. Everything was delicious. What a find at a gas station stop!!

1  Thank drmakh
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Stopped for lunch because the reviews sounded pretty good.
Mostly sandwiches on the menu and nothing outstanding. My wife just wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, which she could not cut with a plastic knife (what does that tell you. I tried their Cuban lunch special-shredded beef had a lot of fat on it; large platter with mostly beans & rice; Miami is where to get the real Cuban food. I would not recommend this place-other places to eat in the area.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Don't miss the Cuban coffee . It was outstanding and made to order not sitting in a press pot. Great baked goods and the pork sandwich on the fresh cuban bread was delicious. I loved the fried plantains. Yumm.

1  Thank Joyce L