“Terrible Customer Service”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Shame on this establishment for treating their customers poorly, namely those who purchase Groupons and are trying horseback riding for the first time. Customer service is important, especially in this day and age with social media and other review sites, and I felt like they treated me as unimportant and could care less if I used their business for my riding experience. Their terse email communication made me feel uncomfortable and, quite frankly, left a bad taste in my mouth before I called them twice to make a reservation. The second time after leaving a message on their voicemail which stated they were "Cactus Jacks" they claimed they never received and told me I called the wrong number. Terrible.

5  Thank jocasta0
cjtrailrides, Manager at Cactus Jack's Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

This customer refused to give me a phone number to return her call She insisted on using email after 3 times telling her via email with Groupon you cannot book on line without a payment and she needs to talk over the phone Then after her getting rude and telling me to get with the new era I told her as difficult she was being I didn't want her to ride with us and ruin the fun of my customers or my horses You can see all our riders give us 4 and 5 star reviews We are proud of our riding and service and only want fun for our riders I then wished her luck.

All reviews
"an experienced rider"
in 3 reviews
"nice horses"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"her birthday"
"his knowledge"
"real florida"

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Had a great ride on Saturday in the backcountry of Landbrige Park.
"Chaco" was an amazing horse, and Rob was a great guide.
Will definitely do it again!

1  Thank stevesC744HC
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I have been there 3 times in two months. I have no riding experience and I was terrified at first but it was really nice. My son loves it and always asks to go back. Lynn and Trish are THE BEST trail guides. Very sweet and knowledgable. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I don't like the 1 guide per 6 riders ratio. Definitely would feel more comfortable if there were more guides per group, for us inexperienced beginners. Thank you Lynn and Trish for your patience!!!

1  Thank Darlene288
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I decided to take my mother and sister horseback riding for Mother's Day and we had the best time! Booking online was very easy, just be aware that they do not send a confirmation email right after booking. They did however send a reminder email the day before. I booked the 90 minute ride and it was just that, 90 full minutes riding on the trails. I definitely recommend getting there early so you can hit the trails right on time. If you are not more experienced, I would not recommend doing anything more than that. We had a small group, the 3 of us, another mother and daughter and our guide Steve. Steve was a hilarious guide, would definitely recommend him if he's available! It was a very laid back, relaxing and peaceful day. Not too hot and there was a beautiful breeze. Most of the trail was through shady areas anyway so you weren't baking in the sun. It's a perfect way to see the real Florida!