“Really Nice”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I have been there 3 times in two months. I have no riding experience and I was terrified at first but it was really nice. My son loves it and always asks to go back. Lynn and Trish are THE BEST trail guides. Very sweet and knowledgable. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I don't like the 1 guide per 6 riders ratio. Definitely would feel more comfortable if there were more guides per group, for us inexperienced beginners. Thank you Lynn and Trish for your patience!!!

1  Thank Darlene288
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cactus Jack's Trail Rides

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I decided to take my mother and sister horseback riding for Mother's Day and we had the best time! Booking online was very easy, just be aware that they do not send a confirmation email right after booking. They did however send a reminder email the day before. I booked the 90 minute ride and it was just that, 90 full minutes riding on the trails. I definitely recommend getting there early so you can hit the trails right on time. If you are not more experienced, I would not recommend doing anything more than that. We had a small group, the 3 of us, another mother and daughter and our guide Steve. Steve was a hilarious guide, would definitely recommend him if he's available! It was a very laid back, relaxing and peaceful day. Not too hot and there was a beautiful breeze. Most of the trail was through shady areas anyway so you weren't baking in the sun. It's a perfect way to see the real Florida!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This is areal,y special place to ride, relatively close to Orlando. Trails wind through woodlands and are nice and shady. My guide Lynn was a nice, knowledge young woman, and good company. My horse was responsive without being more than I could handle.

1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Well let me begin by saying that the land where the ranch was located was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the staff was super friendly and a were trip to talk to lol. The horses me and my girlfriend had gotten to ride were a pleasure. She had Rosie and I had goose 2 beautiful well maintained horses. Fred our tour guide was very knowledgeable and had a pretty good sense of humor. It was great, and my girlfriend was taken back by the land, and to actually be riding a horse. Will definitely be doing this again for sure. Thanks guys see you soon...

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Owners were accommodating. Allowed us to book a reservation less than 24 hours before, giving them time to prepare a horse for one overweight rider. We were pretty much beginner riders, and booked a 1-hour ride at 9 am on a Sunday morning. Shelby (Shelbie?), our guide, was both professional and friendly, both providing assistance with the horses and providing conversation as the mood allowed. Trail was gentle through one of the state parks, and we got a surprise or two with other riders that would pass through coming from the other direction. In the end, a good value for a unique experience.