“Girlfriends birthday”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Well let me begin by saying that the land where the ranch was located was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the staff was super friendly and a were trip to talk to lol. The horses me and my girlfriend had gotten to ride were a pleasure. She had Rosie and I had goose 2 beautiful well maintained horses. Fred our tour guide was very knowledgeable and had a pretty good sense of humor. It was great, and my girlfriend was taken back by the land, and to actually be riding a horse. Will definitely be doing this again for sure. Thanks guys see you soon...

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"over christmas break"
"beginner riders"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"wonderful horses"
"beautiful scenery"
"saddle"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Owners were accommodating. Allowed us to book a reservation less than 24 hours before, giving them time to prepare a horse for one overweight rider. We were pretty much beginner riders, and booked a 1-hour ride at 9 am on a Sunday morning. Shelby (Shelbie?), our guide, was both professional and friendly, both providing assistance with the horses and providing conversation as the mood allowed. Trail was gentle through one of the state parks, and we got a surprise or two with other riders that would pass through coming from the other direction. In the end, a good value for a unique experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Everyone that we were in contact with was wonderful . From the man that took our reservation , the guides all the way to the horse riding dog . The trail was beautiful , a perfect example of Florida's great peaceful scenery . We had four in our group , all beginners , they were all well behaved horses . The guides were kind and so willing to help . I'm a little older and they were very patient getting me up in the saddle , like it was no big deal at all . Very nice folks out there would highly recommend this ,wonderful for families .

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I am a 70 year old novice rider and enjoyed every moment of my 90 minute ride on Chunky with my guide Rob. The Florida Greenway Trail couldn't look better than from on the back of a horse, and Rob provided wonderful instruction for me as well as good conversation about the trails and the beautiful nature all around us. I'll be a regular customer, and will always ask for Chunky & Rob. The horses are friendly, well trained, well groomed, all of which are important to me. We all four enjoyed the ride - horses, Rob and me!

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I took my son on a 90 minute ride and everything about it was incredible! The horses were friendly, happy, and gorgeous. The guides were friendly and knowledgeable. I felt completely comfortable and welcome from the moment I arrived. The morning we attended was unseasonably cold and even though my son had a sweater he was still freezing, so one of the guides let him borrow his jacket for the ride. I'd absolutely recommend this company!

cjtrailrides, Owner at Cactus Jack's Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your ride! Please come and ride again.