“Relaxed atmosphere, great coffee and quality food...”

Molly Maguire's of Ocala
Ranked #162 of 512 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Description: Fresh and Natural, Sanwiches, and Homemade Soups. Gluten Free Options
Reviewed 25 June 2018

If you are looking for a casual place to meet friends or just hang by yourself for awhile, this place is perfect. Truly the best cup of coffee in town. The food is great, some unique dishes with a Cuban flare, delicious soups, fresh bread, and generous salads. For something really unique, try the Shephard's Pie with a touch of pico de gallo Spanish spice. Full menu includes breakfast, lunch and dinner with live music some evenings.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Had a wonderful lunch with friends. Soup excellent, BLT was the best. We also enjoyed the Cuban. Next time will get 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad. Totally enjoyed our lunch.
Raining when we finished and they walked us out with Umbrellas! Way togo/

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I will get right to the point on this review. Went to try Molly Maguire's. Saw that they had a pressed Cuban sandwich. Talking to the owner, we exchanged some banter and he noted that I was Cuban. He warned me I would be disappointed but I ordered it anyway...he wasn't wrong. MY BAD!!! Folks, no business should put forward a product with a disappointment warning to the ethnic group that invented the product. He was honest but it's pretty insulting all the way around that you would knowingly put forward a sub-par item on any menu. There was so little meat that it was more of a bread sandwich than anything else. I felt ripped off...but I have to admit that the owner pretty much warned me that that would happen. Live and learn. It's restaurants like this that are so common in Ocala that make me drive 45 minutes to Gainesville for a decent meal. Unbelievable!! Nothing to see here. Avoid. Note to owner: I would gladly pay 10-12 dollars for a REAL Cuban sandwich. Want a good sandwich? Go to Southside Deli down the road...no warnings except how big, fresh and delicious they are.

George C, Owner at Molly Maguire's of Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

We make a Tampa Cuban, not an imitation Miami Cuban.
You order a Cuban sandwich and were warned ahead of time it’s not a Miami Cuban.
However, for some reason you ordered it any way.
And then you complain.
I would be happy to give you a refund.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Was walking by Saturday evening. Heard the music and stopped in. Glad we did. Good food, great choice of drinks and excellent service.

Also, the two person band was excellent. Took request and covered them all very well!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Some friends and I returned to Molly Maguire's for lunch. In my previous review I said it is located on 10th St, but it is located at 17 SW 1st St. in Ocala, just off of the square. Once again I had the Filthy Dirty Chicken sandwich, which as stated before is probably the best sandwich I ever had. I took one home to my wife and she said the same thing. They have a great sandwich menu, homemade soups, and a nice selection of beer, both draft and bottled. All of the guys wish it was closer to us, because when we go, it is a destination lunch. I'm sure we will try to make it more often. It is worth the trip, though.

George C, Owner at Molly Maguire's of Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for choosing Molly Maguire's, as your destination lunch.
We do our very best to insure that every one of our guests have a five star experience on every visit.
See you again soon.