“Birthday Celebration”

Kumo's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New within the past year, also loctions in Cape Coral, Florida and Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Went online 8 hours prior to desired dining time to secure a reservation. (website said it needed 24 hours notice) I noted on their form that we were celebrating a birthday but this fact never was acknowledged to my disappointment. We chose to have the Hibachi grill which comes with a clear soup and salad. The soup was hot and tasty. The salad was drowning in a ginger dressing that I did not care for. My son ordered N.Y. Sirloin and Shrimp while my husband and I chose the Scallops and Shrimp. As with other Japanese Hibachi restaurants, our "griller" tossed around his utensils, made a flash fire and set up a volcano made with an onion. His skills were okay but there was little dialogue....boring! The fried rice and scallops were excellent but the shrimp was over grilled. The serving size was plentiful and the price for each meal was $25.95.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went to Kumo for dinner recently. Although they are known more for their hibachi table dinners they also have a lovely selection of appetizers, sushi and other dinners made in the kitchen. We opted for appetizers and sushi that night. The appetizers were done just right. The dough on the shumai was tender, not thick and overdone. The gyoza were tasty as was the calamari. The sushi rolls we chose were very good. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I ordered the steak and scallops, I wasn't disappointed. The chef cook my meal to my desired request. Medium rare steak and vegetables crisp. The chef had a great sense of humor and really tried to make sure my party of eight were entertained. I look forward to going back.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Went on date night with my husband. It was great fun to watch the chef chop up meats and vegetables and prepare the rice on the huge cooktop in front of each group. After putting on the show he expertly divided up the food to make each individual plates. There was plenty of delicious food..everyone took home at least half their meal. I tried Sake for the first time and really enjoyed it! I would definitely recommend Kumo's and look forward to going there again!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I love eating Sushi and Kumo's in North Port offers great service and excellent food!! My family loves going there for Hibachi tables as well as watching the Sushi Cutters perform their craft. Great place for everyone's taste.