“La Fogata: The Place for Fajitas, Huevos Rancheros, and More”
Review of La Fogata

La Fogata
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We live in the area, and La Fogata is our favorite Mexican restaurant. I'm surprised to see negative reviews, as we've never had a bad meal there, and we have eaten there often. We like most things on the menu. The generous servings come on big platters (good for at least two meals) - just the way we like it. The Margarita specials are welcome, the wait staff is very pleasant and eager to please, and they have a full bar. We like the decor, and the prices are reasonable. There is free parking, which makes it convenient. We've tried similar restaurants in the area and this is still our favorite. Whenever someone suggests Mexican, we always choose La Fogata.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Never again. This place has gone so far down hill it is criminal. With so many places to feast on rice and beans you would think they would put some effort into their food. The only thing there that has gone up is their prices. From watered down iced-tea to soggy beans and wet tortillas, this place is no longer a Mexican food contender. Service was so slow at our most recent visit that we almost walked out. Unfriendly, downright nasty female servers. I'd rather go to nearby Lime Fresh and get some good queso, chips and a skinny burrito. The food at La Fogata does NOT taste like authentic Mexican food. The beans taste like they were dumped straight out of the can, the salsa HAS TO BE out of a jar. It taste like cafeteria brand salsa. Seriously? I have had better Mexican food in an airport. If you are looking for authentic tasting cheap eats, try the Taco Y Antojitos Emanuel truck near 45th Street and Broadway. Not the best neighborhood, but fantastic, authentic rice and beans. At any rate, there are no shortages of places around. Even Tulipan right across the street has a yummy lunch special every day. So Forgeta Forgata....food is sub-par, and service is slow and unfriendly.

1  Thank flyrfly
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We took my mom there for Mother's Day. I feel we owe her anther meal out now. The Restaurant seems to need an overhaul. It feels dingy and "tired". The food was somewhat bland and didn't even look appealing. Not to mention, the wait staff seemed bothered by our request to change to a larger table (the place was 3/4 empty). There are many Mexican food restaurants in the area which I would recommend over La Fogata's.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

The food had no flavor. First tip was the Salsa they brought to the table, it had no substance almost like it was made from a can of tomato juice with a dash of hot sauce. So we ordered a side of guacamole which we had to ad salt to to get any flavor out of it. I ordered the Churrasco steak medium rare and it was medium rare however gray in color. The grill or pan could not have been hot enough so it also had no flavor. I had to ask for a lime to squeeze over it but it still had no flavor. My husband had the beef chimichanga which he did not enjoy either. It was small and also flavorless. Our friend ordered the Chicken Fajitas. He got sauteed peppers and onions with 'deep fried' chicken pieces on top. What? That's not how you make the meat in a fajita. The next morning he told us he told us he had put in a bad night. Then there claim to fame is the 2 for 1 Margarita's, you have to imagine the taste of tequila cause you sure can't taste any.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband and I love to enjoy our Margaritas specially prepared by Edwin who has been there since we ave been coming (more that 6 years). This is our place.