“Could have been better”
Review of Ivan's Cookhouse

Ivan's Cookhouse
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I saw this restaurant on “Diners, Drive in’s, and Dives” and read all the reviews and was really excited to go. I had high expectations. Maybe that’s where I went wrong. We arrived on a Monday night around 8. It was empty. We were the only ppl there. I didn’t mind at all. The waiter was friendly and attentive (without hovering) and made us delicious cocktails (mojito and white sangria). We opted for ordering a few small plates. We ordered the Tasso and Griot which were so dry, that if It didn’t come with the pikliz, it would have been terrible. The Ahi tuna and grilled octopus were good, but these were not Haitian specialties. I would say the pikliz was the star of the entire meal. I don’t know if this was just an off night for the restaurant but there are many others in Miami to try rather then going back here.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I had a crispy pork dish called the Griot and it was DELICIOUS!! The Mrs had a very well presented Burger and also said that it was very good.
We were there early afternoon on a weekday heading down to the Keys and were the only ones in the place..the server was quite friendly and we saw Chef Ivan Dorvil come out at one point and I wish I'd have asked to be allowed to get a picture with him...other Chefs/Owners have come to our table at other places and when they do we chat a bit about the Diners Drive-Ins & Dives experience and it's usually a fun time...he did not and I did not so it's my fault...still a very cool place and the food is excellent!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Our first time traveling around this time of the year. Our friend picks us up from the airport and says we should try the Ivan Cookhouse. So we drove straight there and loved it. Ivan himself came out to greet us in that family kind of way. I be back before returning home.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Saw it on the food channel and decided to check it out. Food was great! You have to try the black rice.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic! Fresh real food, cooked from scratch with sophisticated flavors. Great service. Don't miss this gem!
For starter The little stuffed mofongos are spectacular!The grilled whole fish is so fresh and sooo good.
The pork so tender and flavorful.
Such quality food you can't find often. Cant wait to be back!