“Fantastic local Thai food”
Review of Ricky Thai Bistro

Ricky Thai Bistro
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in North Miami
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We were recommended to come to this restaurant by some locals and we are so glad we did!

Very local and unpretentious. Our busboy who seemed to be the actual server was so welcoming and friendly. We had the soup to start with which was absolutely delicious. Mixed with coconut, fantastic value at $5 and bursting with flavors.

I had the pad Thai and my wife had rice with pork (cant remember the name). Both excellent. My Pad Thai was a large portion, very flavorful. My only hesitation that turns this from a great experience to exceptional is my gut feel the noodles are not made from fresh. I may be wrong but that was my only disappointment.

Otherwise i am so happy we found this hidden gem. We wil definitely be back!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I love this place is small and local. It beaming with flavor and friendly service. Full of locals and repeat customers. The place is cozy so you prepare that you may need to wait a little bit for a table. The service was a little slow but the dishes that came out of the kitchen were fresh and authentic. The Thai doughnut are worth the wait along. Family owned and family run. They earn your business and keep you coming back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This place has seriously fresh made from scratch Thai food! Thai rolls were so good. This place has good fresh food, good portion sizes at a good price! The assortment of Asian beer and wines is good too! This place is not fancy but it is a local foodie gem. Even on Monday evenings there is a line to be seated.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Another great repeat performance by the folks at Ricky Thai. This trip: Pork Spring rolls for an appetizer followed by Red Curry with seafood and veggies served with a side of white rice. Yummy. $25.00 Not too shabby.

The Red Curry was bursting with flavors. Every spoonful had something other than the delicious broth, a piece of seafood, or a veggie. Put rice on your spoon, dip into the curry mixture, let the flavors be absorbed into the sweetness of the rice, and then you know why you waited to be seated.

This is a small bistro. Free parking in the back. You can also call for take out.

I did not rate "one of the best" because the question is not fair. I eat out a lot, and there is a difference between "the best" and "very good." Ricky Thai is great cheap eats. It is very, very good. It is not a white linen restaurant that one would compare to a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I went because of the good Trip advisor ratings and had a very positive experience. They have a large Asian beer selection that I wasn't familiar with. I asked for a beer with some body and was given a Red Ale 9% alcohol that was great. Went on week night and was seated immediately. Shared a Drunken Noodles and Masaman Curry with Shrimp. I will return

Been to Ricky Thai Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK