“Great food ,mediocre service”
Review of Petit Rouge

Petit Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in North Miami
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Great food but unfortunately can't say the same about service. We made reservations to break the fast on Yom Kipur. After placing the order I asked for the bread to be brought to the table right away . The waiter comes back with a bottle of wine and starts opening it . At that time I asked again to please bring the bread . At which time I was giving a lecture by the waiter about the order the food should be brought to the table . I found that to be very disrespectful and rude . Again ,the food was great .
Remo Lippuner Google Reviews Diamond Combo 101 · October 1, 2017

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank OnAir733755

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Had great hopes but my search for decent roasted duckling in south Florida is not at an end. This could have been great with such a menu, but it is food microwaved for fast despatch and is lacking in care and thought. Sweetbread was. Land - needs a sauce or something to lift it. Duckling was dry, small and obviously needed a sauce too. Without the haricots vert I would have screamed. The sautéed potatoes with the duck were too salty and again pre-prepared and hard crusted. Wife said her onion soup was good but emmental was too strong and liked her salmon but said it was boring.

Other diners had steak and the French fried seemed to dominate the plates.

Ultimately the restaurant is full but is a small restaurant so hardly surprising. On this showing, I would not return. Sad because menu held promise and the service is first rate. Ho - hum!

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank EugSara
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We visit this area every year for a family vacation and Petit Rouge is the place we return to every year.

They serve classic french preparations done absolutely perfectly.

The service is always excellent with the same staff for years, and it has always been a good experience.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had read about this restaurant and at the time told our friends we were interested in going. They reminded us the other night and we were lucky to get a reservation for Saturday night. This small restaurant packs a real punch offering excellent bistro selections, lovely service and a good wine list. It filled up quickly but service remained attentive and was so nice to see the positive expressions on the faces of the other diners matching our own experience. Three of us ordered salads which were beautifully presented and prepared and I ordered the country pate. The pate could easily be shared by two or more and then followed by a salad. It was delicious. Two of us ordered the Salmon, one the duck and one the steak tartar with frites. 'Wow' all around. Salmon was perfect! The accompaniments which included asparagus, roasted potatoes and the frites were comparable to anything you'd be served in France. (For us, better than the meal we had at Bal Harbour's, Le Zoo.) While we didn't explore desserts on this visit we will in the future.
Don't be put off by its lack of curb appeal, this one shouldn't be missed. We plan on returning again. Reservations a must (though we did see some lucky walk-ins seated later in the evening.)

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to this small French restaurant for dinner with a friend who had been there before. We had reservations, I would not recommend going there without them. We started with salads, the ladies split a Caesar salad and I had the goat cheese salad. The melted goat cheese on sourdough bread was so good that I offered bites of it to my companions who loved it as well. Two of us had the duck main course, and the other had one of the specials, striped bass. All of us enjoyed the meals, and the service was great too. For dessert we shared an ice cream dish and French press coffee. Delicious. The prices were reasonable considering that this was fine French food.

Date of visit: January 2017