As long as you know what you are in for, then you will be happy here. We are used to nice accommodations of higher end properties- this is not that.... it is very Old Florida. Once we accepted that, we loved our time here. The location is excellent. We went kayaking through a beautiful mangrove preserve, my boys went fishing right off the docks, the beach is beautiful, and the Hermit Crab races are not to be missed. The pool area is just ok- the hot tubs are stained brown from i guess the water so i was too grossed out to go in them, but the pool was nice and big, nothing fancy but perfect to lay around and cool off in. The Oasis pool bar was good- drinks were great, and we had a few lunches from here that were good as well. The continental breakfast that is included is fine, and you can order a hot breakfast for a minimal fee. We didn't like the dirt that the resort sat on- no paving so you were walking through it to get everywhere and it made the overall feel of the place not as nice. I thought the place was reasonably priced, and like I said, as long as you know you are not getting the quality of a four star hotel, and you are ok with that, it is a great place to relax and enjoy some of the simpler things in life! We also enjoyed going a mile north to the restaurants (RC Otters, Key Lime Bistro, and The Bubble Room). We will be back to Captiva for sure....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island