“Best Sushi in SoFlo”
Review of Japanese Market

Japanese Market
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Yes, they have rules. Yes you have to listen to them. But when you eat, you experience. Put down the menu, ask for the chef special- I dare you....
This family operated gem is hidden and you might pass it by, good. It means you didn't take the time to taste the quality and perfection the Chefs put in front of you.
If you wish to wait, listen to the rules, I can guarantee fresh fish, amazing flavors even for the pickiest of eaters. I highly recommend washing it all down with some of the best saki around! I've flown from NYC just to experience this sushi. It's not just the meal, it's the family who runs it that is worth all the trouble. Like going to your uncle's house for the best meal you could ask for. Thanks EK!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

They have a million silly rules and worst of all they break them according to their mood. The place has a terrible dirty floor and the bathroom are below any standard in the USA. Bad attitude from the owner who thinks he is the last sushi chef on the planet. If you really want authentic Sushi in Miami only Maido in Doral or Matsuri deserve your money.

1  Thank miguelneuhaus
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I know a lot of people are turned off by all the rules, but I think they're fine--who wants to listen to your phone conversation anyway? Do: Get there early--they open at noon and if you're not one of the top ten or 12 people on the list you will be waiting until someone leaves. Do: Order things you don't normally get. The fish is of amazing quality and the chef works magic. If you want to splurge just ask for the chef's selection--this can vary in price from $30 to more than $70 a person, but it is worth it and promises to be something a little different. Do: Follow the rules--as everyone notes they are posted all over the place.

Don't: Go there with a group--the space is tiny and if you have more than four people and aren't there a half hour before they open you may be waiting for awhile and I wouldn't be surprised if your group is broken up so that everyone can be seated.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

I had high hopes, which were dashed. We arrived 20 mins before it opened but didn't make the first seating. An hour and 15 minutes of standing around in a small market and we finally got seated. Despite ordering prior to being seated, our orders trickled to our table for over an hour. The sushi was fine, but nothing better than I have had most everywhere else, and the portions were exceptionally small. Since we were still hungry after the small amount of food we got, we attempted to order more. No. There is no ordering more. That's right, after spending over 2 1/2 hours at this place, we left hungry. I do not understand what people think is so great about it...no ambiance, tiny portions, long waits, and you can't even get more food if you want it!! Don't waste your time.

4  Thank gina s
Reviewed 6 May 2015

The sushi here is the freshest I've found in Miami. They probably do this by selling out every single day. I arrived a few hours after opening one day, and they were already out of tuna. A disappointment since that is one of my favorites, but everything was still delicious! I have purchased a bottle of saki from the market to have with my meal. . . no one told me I could do that the first time I dined there, so a decent tip!